A Humbly Incomplete Guide To Notability

Makes sense, Humblest! Out of mere curiosity I am going to try tracking how consistent the arrival of Time is for me.

A tip if you’re grinding connections at the Shuttered Palace to build up a Salon: I believe you can gain 33 points of Society at once, but only 22 points Bohemian. That would make the math:

Bohemian: 500 / 22 = 22.72 actions + 10 echoes

Society: 500 / 33 = 15.15 actions + 12.5 echoes

Bohemian gives a much more variable amount towards the Salon, so it’s ultimately a matter of preference, and there’s always your character’s character to consider. But all things being equal, I think it might be a little cheaper to use the Great and the Good.

What pushes it over the edge for me personally is that you get a pretty big MW boost for converting Kisses to Favours, and the Connected: Duchess you build up grinding Bohemian doesn’t seem to have much use. Plus, I imagine she’s getting a little tired with all the drought poems.

Saturdays at 17:10:30 was my result of rigorous scientific testing.

I don’t have the largest sample size, but my Time the Healer has shown up every time within a half hour of the theoretical exactly-seven-days mark, and I thought huge deviations from that mark were considered unfortunate? Same with my alt, whose Time arrives consistently about an hour after my main character’s, as it should.[li]

ETA: I’ve switched professions at least half a dozen times, too, although they were all training professions. (Hooray for the Talkative Rattus Faber!)
edited by Cordial on 2/17/2014

I believe there was an announcement not too long ago to the effect that Time would be regularised, so that it arrived exactly every 7 days for each FL resident. This has proven true for me, anyway. The particular time/day will vary from person to person though.

I believe time the healer is fixed, since I get it every wednesday. On the other hand, I think it might change when you change jobs, since I recall it being on tuesdays before I switched to the journalist-author-correspondent line.

Hey all–if I hit 200 and do the upgraded reputation, and then drop below 200, do I have to upgrade again?

No, you get to keep your reputation.

Thanks!

Question about BDR–what are the best Fate and non-Fate options for each stat, and where/when can they be achieved?

[quote=Flipz]Question about BDR–what are the best Fate and non-Fate options for each stat, and where/when can they be achieved?[/quote]The wikia has lists for the different items (Bizarre for instance), but there’s no public information on how to get hold of the Fate-locked items. But the Amber and Tanned masks and the Golden Spiked Rosary can be had during this very Feast of the Rose, and those are the best items for their equipment slots, with +1 BDR more than non-Fate-locked items.

Interesting…I may have to make arrangements to trade large quantities of non-Fate items in exchange for the Rosary and Tanned Mask (the Amber Mask seems easily replaceable by the Fecund Tiara for Bizarre, and outclassed by the Tanned Mask for Dreaded).

Does the challenge account for all three stats at once, or are there three separate options, one for each stat? If the former, what’s the best one to focus on for other purposes?

The challenge for Notability is based on the sum. For the others… um… I have no idea. Though I believe I remember seeing individual Bizarre and Dreaded challenges but not Respectable.

Getting the screaming map needs respectable for one half and either dreaded or bizarre for the other. Also your connected pet will have a challenge which depends on one of them.

This is actually slightly different. I just now converted memories of the surface to mysteries of the elder continent, and got MW cps.

I think in this case it may be worth noting:
*get wine at veilgarden, convert it to honey (gaining a small amount of MW)
*convert the honey to romantic notions, then to memory of the surface (the latter gains MW)
*convert to mysteries of the elder continent (gaining MW)

I’m not sure but I think this might be the fastest storylet-related grind without costs (monetary, items, menace, or otherwise)
The bigger question is whether to keep converting around the 50:51 circle, and how far.

Edit:
I think the best thing to do might be running wine -> honey -> notions -> memories -> mysteries -> incendiary gossip -> distant shores
[li][/li][li]
edited by Khryseis on 3/4/2014[/li][li]
edited by Khryseis on 3/4/2014

[quote]
This is actually slightly different. I just now converted memories of the surface to mysteries of the elder continent, and got MW cps.

I think in this case it may be worth noting:
*get wine at veilgarden, convert it to honey (gaining a small amount of MW)
*convert the honey to romantic notions, then to memory of the surface (the latter gains MW)
*convert to mysteries of the elder continent (gaining MW)

I’m not sure but I think this might be the fastest storylet-related grind without costs (monetary, items, menace, or otherwise)
The bigger question is whether to keep converting around the 50:51 circle, and how far.

Edit:
I think the best thing to do might be running wine -> honey -> notions -> memories -> mysteries -> incendiary gossip -> distant shores
[li][/li][li]
edited by Khryseis on 3/4/2014[/li][li]
edited by Khryseis on 3/4/2014[/quote]
[/li]

thank you. i think that’s the best cycle to use in terms of CPs+ echos worth of goods per action!

i would also like to note that converting stolen kisses can give a fairly large amount of CPs too. i got 30+ CPs of MWs
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Ask_the_Muffled_Intriguer_to_broker_your_Stolen_Kisses

edit: the following is totally wrong, I can’t math, please ignore me

Here’s some quick and dirty math on the cycle I described above:

1 → 110 ~00.455 (0)
50 → 40 (1) ~12.5 (12.5)
500 → 105 ~04.762 (0)
500 → 105 (3) ~00.476 (1.428)
50 → 51 (n…m) ~00.98 (.98(n…m))
50 → 51 ~00.98 (0)
50 → 51 (1…10) 1 (1…10)
~21.153 (14.928+.98n … 23.928+.98m)

if n…m = 1…8: ~21.153 (15.908 … 31.768)
~.752 … ~1.5 avg ~1.126
if n…m = 1…10: ~21.153 (15.908 … 33.728)
~.752 … ~1.594 avg ~1.173[li]

To put it more simply, if the visions of the surface -> mysteries has a similar MW cp gain as the other 50:51 conversions that give MW, you can expect to average something around 1.126 to 1.173 change points per action - without ever spending anything (connections, echoes, materials, menace gain), and actually while gaining an (admittedly not very large) number of echoes per action.
edited by Khryseis on 3/5/2014[/li][li]
edited by Khryseis on 3/5/2014

^ not certain how to caculate that, but maybe the CPs per action can be improved when you’ve completed the cycle a few times, THEN sell off all Memory of Distant Shores and buy honey directly from the bazaar to restart the cycle?
edited by DamWei on 3/5/2014

So I actually did it out on paper (I math much better that way), and depending on the cp gain from visions -> mysteries it’s about .835-.854 cp per action (plus another little bit; every 18 times through you have 2500 more honey). This is compared to roughly .6875 per action for straight wine-> honey gring (both assuming the wine gain averages 550 per 5 actions)

Don’t forget On a Heist. 2x Burglar’s Progress in MW on completion. I have gotten 12 CP in 11 actions. Plus 20 CP shadowy and 20E of Touching Love Stories, with a shot at 62.50E of Searing Enigma. It’s a great grind. There is a small risk of failing, of course.