A Hallowmas Offer - Lending Starveling Cats

The Starveling Café, the Starveling Café, come for a coffee and misplace your day! Come in! Pat a cat! Lose a hand! Try our bat guano coffee, it’s not Darkdrop Coffee, it’s just bat guano in a cup.
(Hopefully my art commission for this shall be finished before Hallowmas actually comes around)

AN UPDATE ON THE RETURNING OF STARVELING CATS

You can send them now, but I won’t be able to accept them until after Hallowmas, I have recieved more confessions than I can actually accept (266 confession requests), so I’ll want to accept as many of those as possible. I also have a really reasonable chance of reaching 1000 Spirit, so that’s another reason for me to hold off accepting the cats back home. So if you send a cat don’t expect it to get accepted at least until after the 9th.

Original thread:

I’ve got an offer to those of you gearing up for Hallowmas. I have in my possession 118 Starveling Cats (I only keep 77 on my account, because, you know, 77), as part of my Starveling Café.

As you might know, Starveling Cats can be used (via your inventory) to increase both Nightmares and Wounds to the minimum of 3 required for Confessions of Pride. As you might also know, Starveling Cats can be rather difficult to get your hands on. I’ve opened 370 cat boxes and only gotten 29 of them.

I am offering to lend out my Starveling Cats for the duration of Hallowmas, to be returned after the Masks have been put away and Huffam’s special Hallowmas edition has been published. I have always said that if you visit the Starveling Café, you can take a cat home for a while, now is the time to pay good on that.

So if you want a Starveling Cat for a while, here’s what you need to know.

1a. Tell me you want a Starveling Cat, preferably in FL
You can also PM me here, or leave a note on this thread. This means your Starveling Cat might come late.
I go by gender neutral pronouns.

My name in Fallen London is 8. (I am a PoSI) <–Linky

The best social actions to send me are:
Pass the Cat: A peculiar tradition (this is best!)
Give a Gift: The gift of admiration
Give a Gift: The gift of the unexpected
Anything on The Neath’s Mysteries
First City Coins (not card based!)
A Tournament of Lilies challenge

I would prefer not to get
Letters
The Private Rooms in the House of Chimes (this is alright I guess)
Second chance invites (all my second chances are well caped)
But I’ll still accept anything that isn’t Trailing the Affluent Photographer. That will only get you scorn(3cp) and wounds(5cp).

1b. (REQUIRED) Tell me you’re from this thread.
This is so I know you’ll return my cats after this has all been said and done.

2a. Let me send you a Confession request!
And you should accept it, I’m being nice after all.

2b. (Optional) Send me a Confession request!
I’ll be available for all confessions whilst confessions are open.[b]

[/b]And here’s where you should read the fine print. I will give those I’m handing my cats out to preferential treatment when it comes to accepting confessions, but the offer being made here is that I won’t be able to guarantee to accept your confession in time in exchange for a cat to pat.

3. Love your new Starveling Cat!
Make sure to pat it lots! Try not to die too much.

4. Return the soft*, fluffy**, loveable bundle of fur*** to me after the season has passed.
That’s it!

1~4 tl;dr
Tell me you want a cat
You get a cat
Accept my confession before the season end
I can’t guarantee accepting a confession you send my way
Send cat home after it’s been patted-out.

Other notes:
Each Starveling Cat and the message accompanying it is unique
If you have a Grubby Kitten, introduce your Starveling Cat to them! It gets you 10cp wounds and Nightmares regardless of the result.
And if you haven’t yet, take a look a this thread over here, it might help you get those extra few points of Spirit of Hallowmas:
Hallowmas Confessions List

*sharp
**deadly
***malicious monstrosities

[b]UPDATE:

110 Starveling Cats left[/b] - 18/10/15
103 Starveling Cats left
- 19/10/15
99 Starveling Cats left - 21/10/15
97 Starveling Cats left - 23/10/15 (+1 from someone)
96 Starveling Cats left - 25/10/15 (+2 from catboxes)
88 Starveling Cats left - 26/10/15
69 Starveling Cats left - 27/10/15
59 Starveling Cats left - 28/10/15
56 Starveling Cats left - 29/10/15 (+1 early return)
53 Starveling Cats left - 30/10/15
48 Starveling Cats left - 31/10/15
46 Starveling Cats left - 1/11/15
44 Starveling Cats left - 2/11/15
43 Starveling Cats left - 3/11/15
edited by Cecil on 11/3/2015

I’ll send you a Gift of The Unexpected whenever I next draw it, but I’ll also post here for posterity.

I’ll send you a gift as soon as I draw one, but I’d be much obliged for a cat!

Just in case, I am backing up my in-game letter with a forum post. I would much appreciate a cat, and I assure you a gift will come your way.

I will send a gift as soon as possible, a cat would be so helpful right now.

I will send a gift as soon as possible, a cat would be so helpful right now.

Thank you to 8 and vswest, I promise to get them back to you once this is done.
edited by uglydancer on 10/27/2015

I have send an offer for a confession; a gift will be on its way as soon as possible.

When it comes up, I shall send you an unexpected gift! (though it will be a little more expected since I said so) But I would much like a cat please, I shall get it back as soon as possible!

Sure! Which accounts? If you say more than one, that’s fine, but only one of them will get a unique message, it’s really hard thinking these things up.

I would greatly appreciate the temporary company of a starveling cat. I will send a gift (hopefully containing another starveling cat) as soon as possible.

I would like to give a starveling kitty a good home for Hallowmas. I’ll send a gift as soon as possible. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hrafna

AN UPDATE ON THE RETURNING OF STARVELING CATS
You can send them now, but I won’t be able to accept them until after Hallowmas, I have recieved more confessions than I can actually accept (266 confession requests), so I’ll want to accept as many of those as possible. I also have a really reasonable chance of reaching 1000 Spirit, so that’s another reason for me to hold off accepting the cats back home. So if you send a cat don’t expect it to get accepted at least until after the 9th.

1000 spirit would be impressive. I’m hoping, as a non-POSI, that I may make 100. Doubt it, though. I know somewhere in your queue is an offer from me.
In any event, I can feed the little beggar for a week or so.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 11/2/2015

[quote=malthaussen]1000 spirit would be impressive. I’m hoping, as a non-POSI, that I may make 100. Doubt it, though. I know somewhere in your queue is an offer from me.
In any event, I can feed the little beggar for a week or so.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 11/2/2015[/quote]
If you sent a non-posi confession, and you’re a starveling cafe patron? It’s exceptionally liable to get accepted. I am giving preference after all.

I want to know how you succeed at any Persuasive tasks, since the Cat description says it’s -3 Persuasion, and you have over 100 normally!

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 11/3/2015

[quote=malthaussen]I want to know how you succeed at any Persuasive tasks, since the Cat description says it’s -3 Persuasion, and you have over 100 normally!

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 11/3/2015[/quote]
That’s only if you equip it. If you equip it, which is unfortunately impossible, it’ll temporarily cut your persuasive by three. unfortunately, they stubbornly refuse to stick with you, and therefore don’t quilify and don’t benefit you.

[quote=malthaussen]I want to know how you succeed at any Persuasive tasks, since the Cat description says it’s -3 Persuasion, and you have over 100 normally!

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 11/3/2015[/quote]

YOU KNOW. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION. Sorry I haven’t responded in game, not enough actions.
ALSO. I CAN REACH 1000 SPIRIT. Even if I have to drink some coffee, I can reach 1000 spirit, and it’ll just get easier the more people that accept my confession requests.

ANYWAYS, in answer to your question, I have Persuasive 151 (I drank some oblivion to see some content) but the -3 Persuasive doesn’t stack, nor does it even apply. It’s like a Starveling Stole, even though it’s -1 to all stats, that doesn’t apply unless you wear it, sadly, you can’t equip Starveling Cats so the -3 to persuasive never becomes active…

Any Starveling Cafe patrons reading this: I have recieved 266 confession requests, please don’t send your cat back until after consigning closes, I don’t have enough actions to accept the cats back home yet.

I would very much like to borrow a starving cat for this time of the year, thank you.

You have one. Keep it. Please.

You have one. Keep it. Please.[/quote]

Thank you for the horrible little monster.