Ubergoat +30
Suitable destiny +5
Orphanage +1
White glim telescope +2
Suitable spouse +1
Overcapping +15

Totals out to 295.

I stand corrected.

No watchful at all or no additional watchful?
Does one loses one’s +30 watchful bonus when sacrificing all Ubers?

No Watchful, just 3 Caprine Authority.

The Heptagoat gives only Caprine Authority +3.

I’ve updated the first post to warn players about the current status of Mood cards.

Since it sounds like moods are back I’ve removed the warning. I also updated the first post to include the White Glim Telescope.

An unexpected consequence of accidently heading to Mind of a Long Dead God is that Aeolian Screams are quite readily available among these cards. Definitely not a &quotgrind up your levels for this purpose alone&quot but a handy side affect of an interesting location.
edited by Parelle on 10/14/2016

I’m doing a sanity check here, but can anyone come up with a combination of equipment (including a Semiotic Monocle) which allows you to get pass 280 (ie, Level 18 going to 19) without either a Mood or an Exceptional Mind Specialization?
edited by Parelle on 10/14/2016

[quote=Parelle]I’m doing a sanity check here, but can anyone come up with a combination of equipment (including a Semiotic Monocle) which allows you to get pass 280 (ie, Level 18 going to 19) without either a Mood or an Exceptional Mind Specialization?
edited by Parelle on 10/14/2016[/quote]

My character’s max equipment bonus currently gets it to +79. If I switched my destiny and got a white glim telescope I could squeeze an extra +3 out of that for a total of +82.

I should have specified: and without the expenditure of Fate? I do have a Watchful +5 Destiny myself but I’ve capped out at +77. I could switch out being a Midnighter (for a -2 drop to 75) for the +4 monster hunter/correspond bonuses, but that’s still 79, I believe?

Monocle: +8
Smock: +10
Insatiable Gloves: +8
Pot of Violant Ink: +12
Wax-Hardened Boots: +5
Ubergoat: +30
Destiny: +5
Newspaper: +1
Voluminous Library: +1
Spouse: +1

Total: +81

No fate there, but if you didn’t get the Wax Hardened boots as your career item during the last election then you’ll hit the 79 cap you already calculated.

Worth noting though that since they fixed whatever it was that meant moods weren’t showing up I’ve been seeing them way more frequently than I ever remember seeing them before they left. Might just be my own perception or the RNG taunting me with them since I no longer really have a use but making multiple runs may not be as frustrating as it used to be.

Bah, boots. Curse the boots. Yes, I stayed a fixer even though I could have managed to switch it out. I’ve one mood in hand so I’ll probably use it when I’m ready for this first jump (and my impossible Theorum attempt.)

Ha. I’ve hit SotC 20 using a mood card today but I’m going to have to change professions I believe for my next try: I’ve 99 + 200 even with a mood currently, so that allusive last point is making me curse the wax boots even more.

Just to state it cleanly: a Midnighter with an Ubergoat and a +5 destiny needs to either have the boots or be Overcapped to hit 270 if you otherwise have best in class equipment from the Bazaar or seasonally.

Base stat of 200
Mood +30
Smock +10
Insatiable glove +8
Ratwork watch +8
Stocking +3 (Advent)
Ubergoat +30
Suitable destiny +5
Newspaper +1
Shrine of St Joshua +3
Suitable spouse +1
For 299

I was usefully reminded that the Magnificent Feast also refreshes 10 actions, which helps with Flash runs quite a bit.
edited by Parelle on 11/18/2016

Odd. I am a Notary and have 271 with mirror shoes (276 with proper boots), ubergoat, and +5 destiny. I am curiousas to what other gear difference we have. My over cap is in Persuasive and not Watchful.

I was a moody Correspondent when I did my SotC grind, so it was a little easier.

[quote=Artful]Odd. I am a Notary and have 271 with mirror shoes (276 with proper boots), ubergoat, and +5 destiny. I am curiousas to what other gear difference we have. My over cap is in Persuasive and not Watchful.

I was a moody Correspondent when I did my SotC grind, so it was a little easier.[/quote]
Are you counting the Semiotic Monocle in your calculations? You can’t use that and the mood at the same time.

D’oh. That would explain it.

So close to Courier’s Footprint that I can almost taste it (currently at 20). All I’m missing is an Übergoat. That means it’s grinding time for a second Overgoat…

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Congratulations and lovely profile indeed!

Congratulations and lovely profile indeed![/quote]
Thank you!