5 Card or Remote Lodgings: Your personal choice?

I suspect the question of which is more profitable entirely comes down to whether you visit the Nadir. As more factions get converted that could change, if there are more factions where it’s substantially better to use a conflict card at exactly 5 Favours or to wait for 7.

With this festival the Rose card has a great option for 0-25 Air. Having a 5C lodgings I can hold the SiC card (level 71 atm), Handsome Townhouse, two junk ones and flip them one at a time. The Music Singer is a great so I always use those two, but if I’m low on AP and may Air values aren’t 0-25 I can hold the Rose card, do some unfinished business and play it.
This way I won’t be bothered by a full deck. To this let’s add the weekly Nadir visit, holding on Shepherd card for a day or two before I use it at it’s full potential, hold Rubbery or Criminal CC until I get the one I want (Rev and Penance).
If I want to grind E, heists are the way to do it and a 5C makes sure you’re EPA is higher than other grinds.

[quote=Kaijyuu]Hrm, I’ll try to use some math to explain.

Imagine a deck of 10 possible cards, 5 of which are worth 10 echoes and 5 are City Vices junk. The average value of a draw is 5 echoes (50% chance of getting 10 echoes, 50% chance of getting 0). Going to a remote lodgings gets rid of the 5 junk cards, so the average value of a draw is now 10 echoes.

Now imagine a deck with 5 cards worth 10 echoes, 490 junk cards worth 0, and 5 City Vices worth 0. Average value of a draw: 0.1 echoes (5/500). Go to a remote lodgings and the average value of a draw jumps up to 0.101 (5/495); a gain of a tenth of a pence.

A real deck is obviously more complicated than that but the principle remains the same; removing junk cards gets more valuable the less junk cards you have in your deck. Recent changes have removed the number of junk cards in most people’s decks, ergo remote lodgings becomes more valuable.[/quote]

I think you got confused here, we were talking about how the very common conflict cards will get replaced, obviously a deck with less cards will get more better cards, my original point wasn’t that you will get less junk cards with the 5 card lodging it was just that a 5 card lodging is just better for people suffering from alot of undiscardable cards and collectors(I get 2 undiscardable cards just from my companions, add menace cards and conflict cards that I want to keep because of renown and I will have to waste my actions eventually).

edit:read the last sentence here now, let’s assume that both of the decks would have no junk cards, only city vices, the main difference would be the lack of city vices, both decks would lose the connection conflict cards and even the mathematical difference would be minimal.

edit2:to explain the last bit further I don’t mean the removal of city vices would be a minimal change, I mean the removal of both conflict cards will leave them on basically the same mathematical difference that they were on before the conflict cards got removed.
edited by The Master on 2/12/2017

All I can say – and I’d wager the sentiment’s a common one – is that I’m liable to take a filleting knife and take after Jack if some b___dy ponce with a moth-eaten cravat sees fit to wake me in the middle of the night to see if I’d mix honey and wine! D__n those preening reprobates! The Neath’s not some playground for those suffering from a prolonged adolescence!

In short, I take my lodgings remote if I can manage it, thank you.