Writing a story: Trade secret

Apparently you can use trade secrets when writing a novel. However, how many points of potiential does it give you?

This is news to me, but I’m betting it’d be a pretty significant amount given its worth. Maybe this is the way to make Classic stories? If you are going to use it for stories, I’d recommend saving it until you can’t raise potential any higher with the easier to acquire options.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 4/26/2013

I’m hanging on to a Trade Secret, and just noticed this as well. I’m thinking I might just have a go at creating the biggest stories, saving up Blackmail and other options to do so. And just burn out in one go.

Trade Secrets increase Potential “significantly” at any level, so…

I’ll also be making a push to try this, once I finish-up some business in the Iron Republic but . . . am I the only one who’s no longer receiving Polite Invitations at their Lodgings? I know it’s hardly the most efficient way to get Favours in High Places but I had some Talk of the Town to burn, or so I thought.
edited by Flidget on 4/26/2013

Polite Invitations are now Opportunity cards ever since wax play was introduced … which seem to come around pretty rarely. I’ve gotten one in the last couple weeks.

Do you need to be at your lodgings to receive it? (@Zee)
edited by Aximillio on 4/26/2013

I think so. I’ve been getting it occasionally on my main (who is staying there until new content or an Overgoat), but I haven’t seen it on my alt yet. I’ll let you know if this turns out to not be the case.

Regrettably, I didn’t make note of where I was when I received the card. If it crosses my path again, I’ll be sure to do so.

I just tried this at a Potential of 160. It gives 25 Potential - good, but not as much as I had hoped. It looks like with the current system, one would need to spend two Trade Secrets to reach the elusive 200 Potential milestone.

How are people even getting their stories above 110? :-S

Lots of editing and/or things like Romantic Notions, Memories of Distant Shores, and ZeeStories, to cite a few.

Spending Favours in High Places and Blackmail material both let you go about 110. To 150 in fact, the current limit without trade secrets

Lots of editing and/or things like Romantic Notions, Memories of Distant Shores, and ZeeStories, to cite a few.[/quote]

That’s how I got to 110. Stuck there now. :-(

Spending Favours in High Places and Blackmail material both let you go about 110. To 150 in fact, the current limit without trade secrets[/quote]

Ahha - I’ve used all mine up. That would explain why I don’t see the options.