Wounds won't decrease?

It’s been a while since I’ve played and I’ve decided to re-kindle my adventures but I’m having a bit of an issue. I’ve been pursuing some stories and it’s been raising my wounds to dangerous levels but I can’t seem to lower them at all. I don’t have the &quotday in bed&quot option in my lodgings, none of the items will lower it at all and other storylets that should lower wounds do not.

Am I missing something? Is there some option I’m forgetting that prevents my wounds from decreasing? I’m at a loss.

I don’t know why you wouldn’t have the ‘Time in Bed’ option, but if you go to the Refreshment Pavilion at the Carnival, you can try the spore-toffee, although that will raise your suspicion if you fail.

Failing that, if you link me to your profile, I’ll send you an offer to help your wounds - I won’t poison you, I promise!

I very much appreciate the offer but I don’t think it would help!

Briefly today, I was able to do some things to lower my wounds and that’s when I noticed the Wounds bar on the left with the rest of the stats. Then, when I came back later this afternoon, the Wounds part is missing and using the Tinctures no longer lowers wounds when I use them. Neither does the option at the Faire. When I last checked, my wounds was at 6. For some reason, it disappears randomly but doesn’t go away because when I fail at a dangerous challenge, it raises wounds from whatever it was last.

I’m assuming this is a bug of some sort? I really have no idea what’s causing it.

The storylet Time in bed disappears if your wounds are low. So, maybe something lowered it?
The bar in the left disappears if you have no more wounds.
So the game thinks you have no wounds… but your dangerous challenge disagrees.

I’d submit a bug report here http://www.failbettergames.com/help-me/
(Make sure its for Fallen London, not Sunless Sea)

Ah, I think I discovered part of the problem. I have a -6 next to my wound box, thus I only see the wounds when they’re at 7 or higher. I’m still concerned that this will kill me though and I’m not sure what item is causing the -6 to Wounds.

Thanks for all the help so far though. I’ve been trying to figure this out all day. :)

…how do you even get -6 to wounds o_O

i think that’s probably a bug

Ha, it was a bug. I reported it and they removed it. This is why you should never stop playing Fallen London; you get weird bugs when you do!