will this sub forum stay around when the election

[li]finishes?.
[li]

[li]id like to know for you see id like for new players who come in past election to be able to come here and get a glimpse of what this election was like for us.

also on a slightly unrelated topic why is there a limit for what you can put in the title of threads?.

it drives me nuts when it doesn’t let me describe what the thread is about in as much detail as I can or I have to finish the title in a weird way like I just had to.

Because Polonius had it right, even if he couldn’t follow his own advice.

[quote=Plynkes]Because Polonius had it right, even if he couldn’t follow his own advice.[/quote] I presume your referring to my second quote here.
excuse my ignorance Im an avid reader but I’ve never really felt the urge to venture into shack sphere and while I have vaguely heard of the character you reference to i don’t posses details so I have to ask what exactly does the character has to do with my gripes?.

edit/sigh so many missed words.
[li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/6/2017

Perhaps. Perhaps not - just look at Twitter. (Don’t).

&quotBrevity is the soul of wit&quot

Why would it stick around?

I suppose this subforum might be interesting to future players as a sort of record of this election.

exactly I have never been able to find the discussion and debate permeated during the last election so I have never been achieve the sort of connection other people have with our soon to be previous mayor sinning jenny.
[li]

[color=#e53e00]This place will stick around. Unless Election rivalry flares up so much I delete it in a fit of pique.
I jest.
But people do talk about the election and characters from it throughout the year, and it sometimes does distract from other topics. This will remain around and remain the place to discuss it/role play about it. [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 7/7/2017

[quote=babelfishwars][color=rgb(229, 62, 0)]This place will stick around. Unless Election rivalry flares up so much I delete it in a fit of pique.
I jest.
But people do talk about the election and characters from it throughout the year, and it sometimes does distract from other topics. This will remain around and remain the place to discuss it/role play about it. [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 7/7/2017[/quote] thank you very much! this is the very kind of thing I was hoping for something official.
I have one last question to ask though for you see I have been wondering weather all the threads here will either be.
a all locked
b all deleted
or c completely untouched
when our victor is chosen and the dust settles.

[li]

C seems most likely, last year when the election discussions weren’t off in their own forum they weren’t locked or deleted unless the content they contained required such modly actions, now that they’re off in their own forum I feel like theres even less reason to lock/get rid of them than previously

they haven’t?! I always assumed they had now that is very assuring news…may I ask how far back down the pages of the salon(which I presume were the debate centred posts were concentrated)I need to go? I missed out on that election and getting some context on it would be interesting.

If you want to dig down the rabbit hole of last year’s election here are some of the old topics:

Sinning Jenny’s Thread

The Bishop of Southwark’s Thread

The Jovial Contrarian’s Thread

The General Election 1894 Thread

Can’t a sub forum be placed into a sub forum? Like- I mean- can’t we move this to &quot The Salons &quot and have it titled &quot Election 2017 &quot?

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, go check the Dwarf Fortress forums and open the Modding one.
edited by Tystefy on 7/9/2017

[quote=Sara Hysaro]If you want to dig down the rabbit hole of last year’s election here are some of the old topics:

Sinning Jenny’s Thread

The Bishop of Southwark’s Thread

The Jovial Contrarian’s Thread

The General Election 1894 Thread[/quote] I think I shall thank you…should be interesting judging from the rumors I’ve heard about last years election being well…a little intense.
that and im really curious as to the flavour text they had around campaigning like who the people were that were holding there banners and marching those kind of little things that aren’t being talked about by the veterans of it.

[li][/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/9/2017