Why I am Supporting Her Royal Highness

Well, I suppose all this argument has been proved moot…

And d—, I am happy about it.

[quote=Anne Auclair][quote=Passionario]No, we’ve capitalized on one.

Dealing with rejection is hard for anyone, let alone someone who’s gone for 34 years without ever hearing &quotno&quot. It’s going to be a long multi-step process, but I believe that the Princess will emerge from it as a better person.[/quote]
No she won’t. She’s just going to stew over it and like every sheltered, frustrated aristocrat learn nothing and forget nothing. London will pay the price in years to come.

Also, people are going to keep abusing honey because the city is so dismal. A lose lose all around.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/2/2018[/quote]

You’re suggesting that putting a honey-addict in charge of the city would lower rates of honey addiction?

Reality will always be uglier than a honey dream; trying to match London to one only clarifies that.

[quote=Snowskeeper]
You’re suggesting that putting a honey-addict in charge of the city would lower rates of honey addiction? [/quote]
I wasn’t suggesting.

Who better to change that then someone who has delved deep into dreams and visions of great beauty?

Who better to change that then someone who has delved deep into dreams and visions of great beauty?[/quote]

Somebody with a firmer grasp on the distinction between dream and reality. Reality has its own beauty, and it is not found in dreams.

There is a reason Poe was not made mayor of Baltimore. Or Baudelaire of Paris.
And they were not even spoiled royals.

I thought the Baudelaires died in a house fire, leaving their penniless children to fend for themselves in adoption services?

[quote=Ixc]I thought the Baudelaires died in a house fire, leaving their penniless children to fend for themselves in adoption services?[/quote]Charles Baudelaire, the poet contemporary with Poe rather than the children who undergo a series of unfortunate events.

Unless this is a joke, to which I say bravo.

And I, who hated the series with a passion, say begone!

In jest, of course.

edited by Gul al-Ahlaam on 7/3/2018