Who are the good guys

I intend that history will record that my side was the right one.

I’m rather fond of the Masters (well some of them). Yes I know it’s strange. They’re each selfish monsters but the problems with their deals seem more like an honest lack of understanding of humans as opposed to maliciousness and they at least keep London running somewhat. I know they aren’t good creatures but I find them entertaining and when the alternatives (at least with regards to really powerful groups) are literal demons and the Liberation of the Night I’ll side with the giant space crab that’s in love with part of our solar system any day.
Also with regards to the Docks do they include the Dawn Machine?

Good guys? Interesting concept. Everybody is singing songs and carrying signs. Mostly say, &quotHooray for our side.&quot

– Mal

Soft-Hearted Widow and Sinning Jenny.

When it comes to organisations, C.V.R. is also kinda OK.

[quote=sebastian olmen]I’m rather fond of the Masters (well some of them). Yes I know it’s strange. They’re each selfish monsters but the problems with their deals seem more like an honest lack of understanding of humans as opposed to maliciousness and they at least keep London running somewhat. I know they aren’t good creatures but I find them entertaining and when the alternatives (at least with regards to really powerful groups) are literal demons and the Liberation of the Night I’ll side with the giant space crab that’s in love with part of our solar system any day.
Also with regards to the Docks do they include the Dawn Machine?[/quote]

The Masters can be quite different from each other, and have differing opinions on the space crab. Some of them are trying to leave London as soon as possible, bringing the next city crashing murderously down on all our heads. One of them has Surfacers murdered to lure people into the Neath. Another prefers to murder people directly, and probably eat them.

The Connected: Docks quality seems to represent the sailors and dock workers; the admiralty barely appears in Fallen London. The Navy did create the Dawn Machine, but for the most part its builder-worshippers have defected from London.

Yes the Navy and its remnants seem good

Didn’t they

try to kill the Wry Functionary?

[li]Keep in mind no faction is made up entirely of &quotgood&quot guys – just like in our own reality. Arguably almost every faction has someone good in it. Personally, I really like the constable who tips his hat to you after telling you to stay consistent. ;)

It’s hard to say what’s, or who’s “good” in Fallen London because it’s hard to say what outcomes really are “good”. However, I think the Clay Men and the cats (esp. the kittens) are the most innocent and have had the most wrong done to them, followed closely by the Rattus Faber and the Urchins. So those tend to be the folk I “root” for, other than myself of course.

The Devils aren’t &quotgood&quot in any conventional sense but they’re straightforward. Because everyone knows what they want, it’s easy to deal with them if you keep your wits about you, and I respect that.

I believe the only true good is the irrigo. I know, you don’t think they exist, that irrigo’s a color, but that’s because… you’ve forgotten.

Join the spies! We are deceitful, murderous, but classy. Sips martini.
In reality, most of the spies seem more concerned with the Above world’s game, then with inner politics of Fallen London. Though there is the foreign office. Which, if I remember it correctly, is just weird but not more evil then anyone else.

[quote=Shadowcthuhlu]Join the spies! We are deceitful, murderous, but classy. Sips martini.
In reality, most of the spies seem more concerned with the Above world’s game, then with inner politics of Fallen London. Though there is the foreign office. Which, if I remember it correctly, is just weird but not more evil then anyone else.[/quote]

I don’t know, I met another dashing spy who drank martinis, but things got weird when he showed me his scars and tried to throw me down a well. 007 was the number.

Join the services of the Gracious Widow. I mean it’s even in her name! Of course the lady and her faction is good. She also got booze. What more can you ask for?

[quote=TheThirdPolice][quote=Shadowcthuhlu]Join the spies! We are deceitful, murderous, but classy. Sips martini.
In reality, most of the spies seem more concerned with the Above world’s game, then with inner politics of Fallen London. Though there is the foreign office. Which, if I remember it correctly, is just weird but not more evil then anyone else.[/quote]

I don’t know, I met another dashing spy who drank martinis, but things got weird when he showed me his scars and tried to throw me down a well. 007 was the number.[/quote]

I know him. That guy is the worst. I assure you, the rest of us do not go around making things weird by showing others our scars. And we don’t use wells - G-d knows what lives in them down here.

Really!? Out of all the spies in London I had heard that one was the best? ;)

[quote=Shadowcthuhlu][quote=TheThirdPolice][quote=Shadowcthuhlu]Join the spies! We are deceitful, murderous, but classy. Sips martini.

I don’t know, I met another dashing spy who drank martinis, but things got weird when he showed me his scars and tried to throw me down a well. 007 was the number.[/quote]

I know him. That guy is the worst. I assure you, the rest of us do not go around making things weird by showing others our scars. And we don’t use wells - G-d knows what lives in them down here.[/quote]
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/14/2016

That’s just his P.R. team. Would you expect the best spy to go around with the same handle all the time?

Well, personal opinions will always vary. I suppose I’ll just have to live an let die…

To get us back on track, the best guys are obviously the Dilmun Club. Immortality for everyone!