Which in-game things were Kickstarter rewards?

I mean the customised stuff for high-level backers, not the things that were offered ready-made like the Panther and the Pirate Poet storyline.

I just found out from TVTropes that the Voracious Diplomat and Irrepressible Cannoneer were Kickstarter backer cameos and I vaguely remember a blog post about Visage also being backer-inspired content, is there a list somewhere of all the stuff that was requested or named after backers?

Not sure, but I know for a fact the Alarming Scholar is a cameo of Doctor Cameo “Scaryteeth” Thurlow, and I’m pretty sure the port Brite is a reference to NiteBrite.

Nuncio and Visage are backer islands.

Most of the officers that don’t use portraits from Fallen London are backers, so most of the starter officers are definitely not based on backers. The Outcast is, of course, out, and so are the mascots.

The Merchant Venturer and Diplomat are based on backers too.

[quote=Lashkar]I mean the customised stuff for high-level backers, not the things that were offered ready-made like the Panther and the Pirate Poet storyline.

I just found out from TVTropes that the Voracious Diplomat and Irrepressible Cannoneer were Kickstarter backer cameos and I vaguely remember a blog post about Visage also being backer-inspired content, is there a list somewhere of all the stuff that was requested or named after backers?[/quote]

[color=#e53e00] Here are the officers.

http://www.failbettergames.com/the-officers/ [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 5/3/2015

I believe that Nuncio was a backer island based on ideas by our forum’s own Spacemarine9, and that Visage and one other island were also backer islands. (No clue which island is that third one.)

The Behemoustache is the only monster I know to be backer-designed.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I was wrong. See below for the official word.
edited by Rook Crofton on 5/7/2015

[color=#009900]The backer islands were Visage and Nuncio. The backer monsters were the Rat Barge, the Eater of Names and Neptune’s Harlot. We had to implement the Harlot as story content rather than a zee-based enemy after hours of banging our heads against how to make it workable in real time, top-down, in a game that features no other visible human characters.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]The Behemoustache was based on this prince of the deep water.[/color]

Thanks for the info. The Eater of Names is pretty crazy and that’s in a game full of crazy stuff.

The whole rat-sending thing was a dead giveaway with Nuncio :)

Are Midnight Whales going to show up soon?
edited by Lashkar on 5/7/2015

Are the merciless Modiste and The Cladery Heir going to be put in the game later, or have I just never seen them?

They are coming soon.