Where the Water Tastes Like Wine

Hello, my people!

Really should have posted this sooner. Since some of you find my writing tolerable, I should let you know about Where the Water Tastes Like Wine. I did quite a bit of writing for it last year, it came out a week or so ago, and it’s a narrative heavy game in a very different way to Failbetter’s games. But in a complementary way?

Anyway, if I’m not amazing enough, it’s got a Failbetter regular doing one of the main stories, Emily Short. She’s a little bit good.

Humble: The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.
Steam: Where the Water Tastes Like Wine on Steam

Things that were hard:

• remembering to misspell words (bloomin’ American :) )
  • trying to work out what phrases were ‘British’ when they sound like normal speech to me
1 Like

Yesterday night, I spoke to a friend after quite a long time. First thing he said? Buy Where the Water Tastes Like Wine. Do it now.
Just saying.

Oh hooray! That’s excellent. :)

The developer is essentially a solo indie dev - so if people do like it, it would be really lovely if they could let him know? https://twitter.com/johnnemann (I have no ulterior interest in people liking narrative games none at all.)

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Yesterday night, I spoke to a friend after quite a long time. First thing he said? Buy Where the Water Tastes Like Wine. Do it now.
Just saying.[/quote]

I’ve been recommending it to everyone. Like, even to people I’ve never spoken to before. 'sreally good.

I reconnected with my cousin for the first time in 18 years this past weekend. I told him about Fallen London - he told me about Where The Water Tastes Like Wine.
edited by Ginneon Thursday on 3/12/2018

1 Like

Looks good!
Acquiring a key… now.

Thank you for pointing the way.

I found the postmortem quite interesting: Where the Water Tastes Like Wine Postmortem | by Johnnemann Nordhagen | Medium

Been away from the forums for a bit but I’d just like to add my ringing endorsement to the many already here - it’s a beautiful and profoundly affecting game.