Where the Heck is Mt. Nomad?

I just spent about a half an hour and almost killed my captain (madness and lack of provisions) looking for Mt. Nomad so I can crack it open and bring its heart to [SPOILER REDACTED]. But where the heck is it? I must have gone back and forth between Avid Horizon and the Temple of Lights a half dozen times - not to mention all the way to Irem and back!

It’s usually kicking it in the top 2x3 tiles somewhere. If not, go to Irem or whatever is directly west, and just save and reload. It might have got stuck somewhere. It happens sometimes.

I usually find Mt. Nomad within one screen East, West, or South of the Chapel of Lights. Rarely to the North.

I’ve had the same issue of not being able to find Mt Nomad and I’ve seen other posts of people saying they have been unable to find him as well. It appears to be a common issue though I’ve yet to see a resolution to it.

Never did resolve it. But the issue resolves after a Captain’s death, it seems; don’t know why.

Looking at the files, one of the possible setups for &quotVoidsApproach&quot is that the chapel of light terrain is right on top of Mt Nomad’s spawn - they’re both set to 750,750; so that might be causing some problems for about 1/3 of players. No idea if it’s intentional. If you want to try and fix it, BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE then
open your autosave in notepad. select all, copy, paste to here: https://www.jsoneditoronline.org/
search for &quotvoidsapproach&quot. If there’s no 2 or 3 afterwards, that’s potentially the problem setup. The tiles randomly generate with each captain, so building a new captain would probably (66%) solve it.
If there’s a 2 or 3 at the end, then he’s around there somewhere.

Anyway, he should otherwise spawn almost exactly between the chapel of light and avid horizon (his spawn point is 750/750 for all three versions of Voids Approach, which is dead centre of the tile), but has a huge wander range (almost a whole tile, more by far than any other creature) so he could be almost one tile in either direction from wherever the chapel of light/avid horizon is for you.
edited by SporksAreGoodForYou on 2/19/2015

I started a new game with the release version and I haven’t seen Mt Nomad or any other boss monster in 45 hours of play. 3 different maps during that time as well.

well, there’s a broader conversion about other bosses in another thread - we think that’s a legit bug, but Mt nomad should be spawning. It’s also possible (but unlikely, like in the order of 1 in 33) that you’ve had the dodgy map tiles generate 3 times in a row. There’s a way to find out, using the method I describe above, if you’re currently using a borken one.

Along with Mt Nomad in the current Captain’s world, one finds swarms of Angler crabs:

Bad news is that a few secs later that caused the game to crash :-(

Maybe I just got lucky but I was able to find Mt Nomad after the todays patch (2/19/15) near Chapel of Lights which I swear I couldn’t find him before. Hopefully the issue is solved if there was one?

A lot of stuff got fixed with this ambition update, so yup, it’s definitely a possibility.

I can confirm that after today’s update the long absent Mt. Nomad was vigilantly guarding the Chapel of Lights :)

I would use this tool to analyse JSON data Best JSON Viewer and JSON Beautifier Online #viewer #formatter #minify #validator

[quote=SporksAreGoodForYou]Looking at the files, one of the possible setups for &quotVoidsApproach&quot is that the chapel of light terrain is right on top of Mt Nomad’s spawn - they’re both set to 750,750; so that might be causing some problems for about 1/3 of players. No idea if it’s intentional. If you want to try and fix it, BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE then
open your autosave in notepad. select all, copy, paste to here: https://www.jsoneditoronline.org/
search for &quotvoidsapproach&quot. If there’s no 2 or 3 afterwards, that’s potentially the problem setup. The tiles randomly generate with each captain, so building a new captain would probably (66%) solve it.
If there’s a 2 or 3 at the end, then he’s around there somewhere.

Anyway, he should otherwise spawn almost exactly between the chapel of light and avid horizon (his spawn point is 750/750 for all three versions of Voids Approach, which is dead centre of the tile), but has a huge wander range (almost a whole tile, more by far than any other creature) so he could be almost one tile in either direction from wherever the chapel of light/avid horizon is for you.
edited by SporksAreGoodForYou on 2/19/2015[/quote]
edited by jamesmbond on 2/23/2015