When you finally understand something of Mr. Sacks

So, I think it’s obvious to all that each Master takes up the &quotmantle&quot of Mr.Sacks for one day - and much like we did take the mantle of the boatman to ferry 3 dead in a certain story, it’s serious business: they don’t break character or use this for internal politics.

I initially thought that the old drunken sot that &quotstands in&quot on the 8th day was the replacement for Mr.Candles a.k.a. Mr.Eaten
But then Mr. Eaten came on the 9th.

The old rascal must be a stand-in for some other Master that has been decommissioned - maybe Mr.Mirrors, if I remember correctly the Exceptional Story that mentioned him having been destroyed and overtaken by an unknown woman.

[quote=Netos Korlan]So, I think it’s obvious to all that each Master takes up the &quotmantle&quot of Mr.Sacks for one day - and much like we did take the mantle of the boatman to ferry 3 dead in a certain story, it’s serious business: they don’t break character or use this for internal politics.

I initially thought that the old drunken sot that &quotstands in&quot on the 8th day was the replacement for Mr.Candles a.k.a. Mr.Eaten
But then Mr. Eaten came on the 9th.

The old rascal must be a stand-in for some other Master that has been decommissioned - maybe Mr.Mirrors, if I remember correctly the Exceptional Story that mentioned him having been destroyed and overtaken by an unknown woman.[/quote]
alas no its silas the showman

Mr Sacks is a separate entity / entities compared to the typical set of Masters. The only Master not represented during the 12 days is Mr Apples and Mr Hearts.

The one similar to Mirrors has already visited technically, wishing to reflect rather than rule dreams. Then again, there are 11 conventional Master titles and 9 active Masters, so make your own conclusions.

Not exactly. You’ll understand more on Day 12.

Interesting, thanks for the contributions. However, the problem is that I am not investigating Mr. Sacks with anyone, so I do not think I will make any inroads.
And I still do not entirely understand why Silas the showman (ah ok, that was the name of the old drunken sot) pretends to be Mr. Sacks, only that he does so.

11 conventional Master titles and 1 active?
Unknown to me, this is.
Spoil it, you should not.
Research it, I will.

Not exactly. You’ll understand more on Day 12.[/quote]

I didn’t have investigating Mr. Sacks with anyone and I went to try to steal the sack rather than help Mr. Sacks. Could you give me the gist of what happens on day 12?

Siankan means that Mr Sacks isn’t the Masters in disguise—each day is a different Master’s noman. Day 12 features one of them melting.