When should I start an ambition?

I was just wondering what levels your skills should be when you choose an ambition. Thanks!

You can start anytime. All the ambition storylines aren’t finished yet, and probably you’ll need 200 in a stat in order to finish them.

Simply choose the one that looks fun and work on it as you progress.

Presumably, your skills should be high enough so that you can at least take a look at the starting storylet of all four ambitions and choose the one you like.

That said, all the ambitions end up being… very different than what you think at first. So first impressions will be misleading.

Your stat levels are likely irrelevant as to when to start your Ambition. I believe all four can begin with relevant stats in the single digits.
I would highly recommend, however, that you take a long look at all four Ambitions and ask yourself some genuine questions as to who your Fallen London character is(or, if that’s not your thing, who you are) and pick the Ambition that best fits.

This is far more important than waiting for a stat to increase because, if you decide you want to change your Ambition later, it can be rather expensive.

if you want to experience ambition content i urge you to start with light fingers. That’s the only ambition you can freely back out of without paying real money(however that option is only given for a limited time-the item to reset is consumed further down in the ambition).

[quote=M_L_G]Presumably, your skills should be high enough so that you can at least take a look at the starting storylet of all four ambitions and choose the one you like.

That said, all the ambitions end up being… very different than what you think at first. So first impressions will be misleading.[/quote]

Bag a Legend is actually fairly consistent. Wellll, it gets a little psychotropic in the middle, but generally it’s training, weapons, rival hunters, singleminded pursuit of an ancient beast with a massive bounty.

Although you only get the Lethean Tea-Leaves fairly late in the story.

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook][quote=M_L_G]Presumably, your skills should be high enough so that you can at least take a look at the starting storylet of all four ambitions and choose the one you like.

That said, all the ambitions end up being… very different than what you think at first. So first impressions will be misleading.[/quote]

Bag a Legend is actually fairly consistent. Wellll, it gets a little psychotropic in the middle, but generally it’s training, weapons, rival hunters, singleminded pursuit of an ancient beast with a massive bounty.[/quote]

Heart’s Desire is similar. You go here, there, and everywhere and meet all sorts of people, but it’s all in pursuit of the Marvellous. I hear Nemesis takes a really big turn though.

Nemesis gets very strange in the middle in my opinion, with the usage of the red honey. Most of it though it tracking down various people in the chain of command of the people who killed a person dear to your character.

My only real suggestion is take a good hard look at all four. I picked Bag a Legend by accident and now I’m stuck with what might be one of the more boring stories.