When does one get a Criminal Record?

Hello! It’s my first post on the forums, so apologies if this post is in the wrong forum or the like.

I recently failed a heist in the Flit and got the trial card but I managed to kill my suspicion before doing anything on it. Would that still be added to my Criminal Record? Is there any way to check levels of Criminal Records?

Thanks!

I don’t think it would, but I haven’t personally encountered the trial so I’m not 100% certain.

If you go before the judge, i believe your criminal record still increases. if you don’t, your criminal record doesn’t.

When you say that, do you mean spending an action on the judge storylet or just seeing it?

Should be just when you spend an action, I think. You can check yourself in the &quotCircumstance&quot section of your &quotMyself&quot tab, though.

edit: you can check your exact quality level by setting &quotA Criminal Record&quot as your scrapbook status. that’ll let you mouse over it to see what your exact level is instead of just seeing &quotA Familiar Face&quot.
edited by Wiwo on 4/5/2016

On the topic of having a Criminal Record:
I haven’t done this myself, as I’ve been careful to avoid the situation entirely, but I’ve read that if you have a SIGNIFICANT quantity of Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar when you’re put before the judge, you can sacrifice that to avoid increasing your Criminal Record.

I think I read it on the wiki so I’m not sure if that is still a thing, plus it’s an exhorbitant way to avoid getting a Criminal Record regardless (I recommend buying a Set of Workman’s Clothes or a Sober Dress from the Bazaar, and have a bunch of spare Nikolas & Sons Instant Ablution Absolution on hand instead) but as a general rule: avoiding increasing your Criminal Record quality is a very good idea if you intend to continue using Absolution Solution in the future. ^_^

For the topic of a criminal record:
Criminal Record only increases if you play the storylet with Judge Ironclad Wickes. Avoiding that does not increase it at all.
I’m personally trying to get myself into new newgate as much as possible to see how high criminal record can go.
You can afford to go to prison a couple of times, but the negative consequences start around criminal record 4, when Ablution Absolution becomes useless to you. Criminal record 5 you lose 10% of your total wealth, a point of nobility and a whole lot of connections. So I’d avoid that.

(I’m at 6 and climbing.)

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jason~Weston-Wong

[quote=Jason Weston-Wong]I’m personally trying to get myself into new newgate as much as possible to see how high criminal record can go.
[/quote]

All honour to those who selflessly push the boundaries of Neathy experience for the benefit of all!

When one visits an illegal gramophone emporium.

[quote=Jason Weston-Wong]For the topic of a criminal record:
I’m personally trying to get myself into new newgate as much as possible to see how high criminal record can go.
[/quote]
It’s caped to 7 thanks to Grenem’s check few days ago.

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Jason Weston-Wong]For the topic of a criminal record:
[/quote]
It’s caped to 7 thanks to Grenem’s check few days ago.[/quote]
To add to that, the highest penalty starts at 5, and is the society/constables/??? drop of the other levels, plus a suspicion boost of somewhere between 10 and 20 cp and a loss of one notability and 10% of your money and rostygold.