What's the best way to farm Renown: Rubbery Men?

So, as the title indicates, I’m wondering what is the best way to farm for Renown with the RUbbery Men. I’m afraid that with the changes in how COnnected/Renown works I find myself at a loss on what would be hte best way to raise my Renown: Rubbery Men status. So, to reiterate what the title says, what would be hte best way to farm for Renown for the RUbbery Men?
edited by Corvo on 7/14/2016

If you have flute street, you can farm the favours to convert there.
Otherwise, you have to wait for opportunity cards, like the rubbery card, or a polite invitation.

[quote=Corvo]So, as the title indicates, I’m wondering what is the best way to farm for Renown with the RUbbery Men. I’m afraid that with the changes in how COnnected/Renown works I find myself at a loss on what would be hte best way to raise my Renown: Rubbery Men status. So, to reiterate what the title says, what would be hte best way to farm for Renown for the RUbbery Men?
edited by Corvo on 7/14/2016[/quote]
Your two options are doing loads of loops of Flute Street, which is consistently available but action intensive, and using the Rubbery card in the Polite Invitation party (I don’t recall exactly which two of the three options on that card, though). Either way, it takes a long while.

Ah, thank you both. Forutnately I have Flute Street, so I guess that’s where I’ll farm for the renown. Thank you both for oyur help

You can also give Warm Amber to the Rubberies on their card. To get Warm Amber you need lowish value bundles of oddities which might give 2 pieces of amber - Robbing a Drunk in Spite or helping the Fisher Kings (Airs 1-25) or Picking Pockets (Airs 26-50) in Opportunism in Spite are good options.

Favours are very clearly not meant to be farmed lightly. Renown is something you have to cultivate carefully and painstakingly, and the few consistent sources of Favours have commensurate costs.

Or, if you’d like to farm Tomb Colonies at the same time, you can take the scandal option on the Rubbery card instead at no cost but 3cp of scandal.

Far as I can tell, Rubbery Favours are the easiest current Favour to farm with Flute Street, and the hardest without Flute Street.

All of this is in flux, though. (And I’m possibly wrong about the above, too.)

What I can add is how to farm Rubbery Favours (relatively painfully, but do-ably) with Polite Invitation, for people like me who need things really spelled out for them!

First, check your Rubbery Favours. That will let you know which strategy to use.

If You Have 0 to 5 Favours Already:

1. Draw all cards as soon as you transfer to the party location, before you take any action, including arriving at the party. If you have a 5-card hand, that means you now have the Rubbery card in your hand. (There are only five cards even available at this stage.) Otherwise, discard and re-draw until you get the Rubbery card, before taking any other actions.
  2. Arrive punctually at the party. Do not arrive Fashionably Late.
  3. Play the Rubbery card. An option should now be available. This option has a 50% chance of giving you a Rubbery Favour.
  4. Once that’s done, you need to draw the Rubbery card again. You can do that right now, or play through the dancing while you’re drawing cards. Do not have dinner! Just keep drawing cards until you get the Rubbery card. This can be fast, or slow, since you have only a 1 in 3 chance of drawing the card now with an otherwise full deck (it will be competing with two other cards, whichever two aren’t already in your deck. if you’re like me, it will be the nibbles tray and the footman since you’ll have the actual characters already in your deck from the beginning of the party.)
  5. Play the Rubbery card again. An option should now be available for dinner. This is a guaranteed Rubbery Favour.
  6. Play out the rest of the party as you like, with 1-2 Rubbery Favours depending on your luck.

If You Have 6 Favours Already:
(There’s probably a more complicated version of this possible if you want to play other specific non-Rubbery cards, but that will be left for the reader.)

1. Draw all cards as soon as you transfer to the party location, before you take any action, including arriving at the party. If you have a 5-card hand, that means you now have the Rubbery card in your hand. (There are only five cards even available at this stage.) Otherwise, discard and re-draw until you get the Rubbery card, before taking any other actions. This is true even though you’re going to play the Rubbery card only once, because it’s way easier.
  2. Don’t play the Rubbery card until you get to dinner. Otherwise, play as you like. As above, do not have dinner!
  3. Play the Rubbery card again. An option should now be available for dinner. This is a guaranteed Rubbery Favour.
  4. Play out the rest of the party as you like, with 1 Rubbery Favour.
  5. Since you have seven Rubbery Favours now, make sure to spend them to increase your renown before you forget and &quotwaste&quot the next party, since it won’t increase them above 7 and you can’t spend them at a party.[b]

[/b]If You Have 7 Favours Already:
1. Good thing you checked! Spend your Favours and use the &quot0 Favours&quot instructions above.

This was probably silly to type out, but hopefully it helps someone!

I’m bumping this up to say that this is just great, thedeadlymoose! I’ve been playing this game for almost 3 years, and I still hadn’t figured out how to best use the polite invitation. I had heard that you could use it to raise rubbery favours, but I’d never figured out how.

Thank you!!

[quote=Myrto]I’m bumping this up to say that this is just great, thedeadlymoose! I’ve been playing this game for almost 3 years, and I still hadn’t figured out how to best use the polite invitation. I had heard that you could use it to raise rubbery favours, but I’d never figured out how.

Thank you!![/quote]
This option at TR 5 has a chance to give a Favour, but you’ll lose the possibility of gaining 3 CP of ToT from the Brass Ambassador and this option at TR 2 which always yields a Favour.
Depending on your goals/options you may use both if you aren’t looking for ToT or MW or the one at TR 2 if you want MW or if you simply have already 6 Favours at the beginning of the party.