What will Fifth City Relics be?

[li]Once the Sixth City falls, what do you think Fifth City relics will be?
[li]I can’t think of anything obvious.[/li][li]
edited by th8827 on 1/3/2016

Pint glasses.

– Mal

Street signs

glassware: Mostly jars of honey and booze.

@Truthseeker: “Barnaby” lion? Very funny.

– Mal

Rock cakes

(Or else lots of broken chinaware)

imperial unit system!![li]

Tiny glass bottles labeled “BARNABY’S TRICOPHEROUS FOR RUBBERY SKIN” and “DR GUFFIN TOOTHACHE BACKACHE FOOTPAIN GLOVEACHE CUREALL”.

Individual letters cut from London Street Signs.

teacups, or a solid layer of sedimented tea leaves? [li]

Oh, definitely; broken crockery can be extremely durable. As is bronze; if left alone, bronze plaques are likely to outlast the buildings on which they are fixed, including any rusting street signs. (Of course, we are talking about forbidden street signs, which in most cases will be hidden somewhere—buried in the ground, even—so who knows how long those might endure.) Gold coins* should also last a long time, especially considering that we still have scores of First City coins doing the rounds…

• Regrettably, most of Queen Victoria’s sovereigns didn’t feature St George on the reverse, but older ones did and would still be in circulation.

EDIT: I was wrong about the First City Coins. I had forgotten what the Numismatrix had told me.
edited by The Duke of Waltham on 1/12/2016

You’ve forgotten the lawless lands of Liberation, in which the most durable relics are the jam-smeared teeth of ventriloquist dummies. The Fash-men send all bronze to the zee-floor in one of their Gloomings.

Incidentally, back in actual lore, the First City predates metal coinage. Those cedars we pass around have a strange link to the city, but aren’t what they seem. I did read something today that suggested Rostygold may be an earlier city’s coinage, though; can anyone confirm that?

Fossilized Rubbery Lumps and Murgatroyd’s Fungal Crackers First Sporing

and Mr Fires-Eaten

some kind of gem, the opulence of the 5th city’s Bazaar shall always be remembered.

The bazaar will live on through all seven cities, but gold and gems we may have had more of than any other trinkets. perhaps. But perhaps not, and all the gems will be claimed for mr. stone’s hoards.

Actually, ceramic dogs were very popular in Victorian England. Jerome K. Jerome speculated in Three Men in a Boat that it would be kitschy things like these that would be the artifacts of their civilization, dug up in 200 year’s time. Oddly, though, none are in Fallen London that I know of.

[li]Crockery and Street Signs, no doubt.

I am semi-seriously placing my bets on ‘calling cards’ of a particular sort.

That’s the only way I shall know true immortality, after all, through my stacks of scandalous calling cards.