What is the best/fav Destiny and why?

A tad off-topic, but I think I got the wrong Destiny for my chosen selection path. I think I was suppose to get “The Instrument” but instead got “Authority” last year. I only learned much later that this might have been a mistake and had hoped to rectify it this year. But now that it is apparent that you cannot change your Destiny without spending Fate I feel a bit unjustly punished. Would the devs consider helping me out with this unfortunate mistake?

Have you considered sending in a bug report? I don’t see why they wouldn’t rectify the mistake.

Authority. Dominion will be given unto you.

I will one day wear the iron mask burning with the sigils of the correspondence. They will see me and weep with fear and love.

Are we still able to change destinies chosen this Hallowmas? I’m still getting the Visitors card, and the options for choosing visitors are still open. Notes from last Hallowmas suggests a character could change their destiny up until the end of the festival, but I’m not sure if that’s the case this year…

I have The Road, which suits my character just fine, since I envision him as an explorer and hunter…being able to be free from the shackles of gravity to go to new places and bag new things (and learn about those places too) is his dream, basically.

Though if I have another char, I might go with the Liberation/Parabola Gleam…I saw various destiny writings…and I really love those 2. Well, those 2 and The Oath.
edited by onyhow on 11/4/2014

I have Parabola Backstage and I am quite happy with it. The Road is nice, but I am not sure I want to leave the Solar system yet.

The Instrument may not seem as snazzy as The Road or the Backstage Destinies but it has force in it’s description: &quotIt will end in war&quot.

And oh, what a war it shall be :)

edited by Owen Wulf on 11/5/2014

I got Authority… which is a rather unusual destiny for one who is Seeking the Name and with the Revolutionaries. 25 Fate is a bit much for me to change it though, so who knows what happens with my character along the line.

Trying to avoid spoilers – my absolute favorite two Destinies are the Fate-locked option for &quotDown Among The Lorne Flukes&quot (bring them the sky, to quote from the non-fate-locked description) and the technically Fate-locked Passion destiny. I just absolutely adore the stories that go with them.

I think they’re all honestly brilliant and fascinating, though. Just those two were the ones I found most emotionally impactful. Mechanics-wise? Dun care. I succeeded at getting the ‘bring them the sky’ destiny on my alt this Hallowmas, and I celebrated for like a half hour, and I didn’t even know what the stat boosts were until after I’d equipped it :P
edited by thedeadlymoose on 11/5/2014

i was trying to the fate-locked “on the road” or maybe “authority” for my alt, but got backstage instead. i wished someone cleared up the wikia on this. got the “correct” gleam destiny for my other shadowy alt.

quite like the lorn-fluke related destiny for my main, but i wished there was an option to increase my dangerous instead of watchful.

It doesn’t cost Fate to reassign our Destiny during Hallowmas, does it? Except for the Fate-cost ones themselves, of course.

It does cost Fate to change your Destiny once you have one.

Oh, fiddlestix.

Thank you for confirming! =)

There is no better master than a revolutionary turned.

I myself have yet to reach the destines. Tell me, what would best fit someone who is hoping to rise to a master thief.

Something that would work for a master correspondence scholar in training.

Someone who wants to get back to working to prevent xk-class end-of-the-world scenarios behind the seines.

And something that would fit someone who is probably despised by several almighty cosmic idiots.

Well, clearly the best destiny is The Revelation.

[quote=Trilby]I myself have yet to reach the destines. Tell me, what would best fit someone who is hoping to rise to a master thief.

Something that would work for a master correspondence scholar in training.

Someone who wants to get back to working to prevent xk-class end-of-the-world scenarios behind the seines.

And something that would fit someone who is probably despised by several almighty cosmic idiots.[/quote]
Behind the scenes? Well Backstage seems very fitting, though it of course costs Fate.

(And obviously the BEST destiny is Torment. Clearly.)