What is Notability even FOR anymore?

Now that we can’t overcap stats with it, what’s the point of grinding high levels of Notability now? While the new overcap mechanics are certainly more interesting and mostly less tedious, if there’s no need to raise Notability beyond about 10 or 12 (and most people, not even to that; 5 is sufficient for 3rd-tier Professions), what are we going to do with it? Might there be some future update that uses Notability for an as-yet-unrevealed purpose?

Seeking still require Nobility 12 if you already have a destiny, don’t want to wait for one, or are feeling particularly masochist.

See no problem here, this grind was way too tedious anyway.

Last I checked a Paramount Presence can still overcap, though unsure how much longer that will last. Notability is used for more Voting Power during the election, and can be used for Professions and M____'s B____d, Surprise Packages, Favorable Circumstances, and I think the new PP system will use them
edited by Lady Karnstein on 8/19/2020

Hmm… Level 8 is still interesting in order to get Surprise Packages with 100% chance. But besides that, I don’t see any reason to keep it higher, unless it’s necessary for specific steps like switching PosI state (requires 12, as before the PosI changes).

But for lvl 13+ I actually see no reason, besides old PP that need to refresh their stats (and the election as only seasonal event that cares for high levels).
edited by Judaspriester on 8/19/2020

I became a PPotAR just in time and I’m pretty happy to never worry about Notability or BDR again.

I just keep it at 8 in a casual way. 9 is needed to get 100% on packages, but takes actual effort to reach (even if minor effort). But 8? That’s 96% for Surprise Packages, takes no effort and is good enough for me.

Well, how else are you going to get a COLOUR PLATE?

Honestly I’m just leaving it at 15 to make sure I can swing the maximum amount of votes for the next mayoral election, and because it was relatively easy since 1. I keep odd hours that let me take full advantage of the ES card deck, I have a lot of BDR sources by this point and 3. I’m a big fan of lazily grinding Tales of Terror in the Flit for massive echoes with minimum clicking even though it’s a massive action sink, and converting upwards into Uncanny incunanulums incidentally comes with a surge in Making Waves

I keep Caroline’s Salon Scheme at about 75 and she has 30 BDR so getting it back up when it drops is easy, so she keeps it at 15.

Took a long time to get to that point lol
edited by Lady Karnstein on 8/20/2020

Honestly I’m just leaving it at 15 to make sure I can swing the maximum amount of votes for the next mayoral election, and because it was relatively easy since 1. I keep odd hours that let me take full advantage of the ES card deck, I have a lot of BDR sources by this point and 3. I’m a big fan of lazily grinding Tales of Terror in the Flit for massive echoes with minimum clicking even though it’s a massive action sink, and converting upwards into Uncanny incunanulums incidentally comes with a surge in Making Waves[/quote]

Well, if you are already at 15, it would be a waste to let it drop.

For MW Grind, I convert Cryptic Clues up to Extraordinary Implications and break them down to Clues at Mutton island. If I remember right, this nets out at 2.2 MWpA if you get the Candle Stups you need via shutted palace. If you get them via Church Favours it should be a little better.
It’s not a fun grind, but at least you just need some Stubs from time to time in order to keep the carousel running.

Just drew the Unsigned Message card, and realized that maybe we’ll eventually get 4th-tier professions, and maybe they’ll require a high level of Notability (such as 15) to achieve.

They have previously said they regret teasing them and are not planning on continuing them any time soon, if ever.

They have previously said they regret teasing them and are not planning on continuing them any time soon, if ever.[/quote]

I’m both disappointed and relieved, but much more the latter than the former. Railway and Parabola have been much more interesting than any of my careers ever were.

If I’m reading the wiki correctly, 12 nota is still required for the Watchful of London’s viscera (and only the watchful strangely… haven’t checked myself as I’m still goat grinding).

Dangerous too.

I hope the overcapping for Paramount Presence sticks around. It’s really convenient for dealing with stat loss. Part of the reason I paid Fate to get certain high BDR items was so that I could visit the Cave of the Nadir every week and not have to worry about grinding up all four stats, just top them off with some lowish levels of notability every so often. Then after visiting the Nadir I could go back to whatever other storyline I was pursuing without having to spend a full day or two grinding back to normal just for one week’s visit.

I guess if FB wants to nerf access to the Cave… but after grinding and grinding and grinding to get old-style PP in the first place, it would be nice if a few perks stuck around!

Notability is also necessary to get bottles of M-----s B—d.