what if fb made a subforum for election debate?.

[li]ladies! and gentlemen! boys! and girls! squids devils and whatever else that can use a keyboard! I have a proposition for you all! you see I have seen the passion all our friendsh have displayed and it is a glorious thing! however I feel that it has turned the bazzar and the salon into something of a war zone!.
so my proposition is this what if fb made a dedicated sub forum purely to be used just for debate election related discussion?
I personally think it would give our passion filled friends a place to fire out there debates with out restraint without catching innocent bystanders in the crossfire.

‘coughs’ ahem so this is just to find out if people think this is a good idea or not PURELY! as in nothing else if I find anybody starting to debate about debates or other people debating about other people debating about debates then I shall I violently tut at them for a 24 hour long period and if then they have not ceased then they shall be reported.

I mean it in the most polite way I possibly can I REALY! don’t want this turning into a multi page thread about the type of debating I mentioned or mechanical debating there also threads that exist for that though I don’t expect that to be a problem.[/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017[/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017

I like the idea, but what would happen to the subforum in the non-election times?

[quote=crazyroosterman][li]ladies! and gentlemen! boys! and girls! squids devils and whatever else that can use a keyboard! I have a proposition for you all! you see I have seen the passion all our friendsh h displayed and it is a glorious thing! however I feel that it has turned the bazzar and the salon into something of a war zone!.
so my proposition is this what if fb made a dedicated sub forum purely to be used for all or just debate election related discussion?
I personally think it would give our passion filled friends place to fire out there debates with out restraint without catching innocent bystanders in the crossfire.

‘coughs’ ahem so this is just to find out if people think this is a good idea or not PURELY! as in nothing else if I find anybody starting to debate about debates or other people debating then I shall I violently tut at them for a 24 hours period and if then they have not ceased then they shall be reported.

I mean it in the most polite way I possibly can I REALY! don’t want this turning into a multi page thread about the type of debating I mentioned or mechanical debating there also threads that exist for that though I don’t expect that to be a problem.[/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017[/quote]

[/li]

[quote=Lallinka]I like the idea, but what would happen to the subforum in the non-election times?

[quote=crazyroosterman][li]ladies! and gentlemen! boys! and girls! squids devils and whatever else that can use a keyboard! I have a proposition for you all! you see I have seen the passion all our friendsh h displayed and it is a glorious thing! however I feel that it has turned the bazzar and the salon into something of a war zone!.
so my proposition is this what if fb made a dedicated sub forum purely to be used for all or just debate election related discussion?
I personally think it would give our passion filled friends place to fire out there debates with out restraint without catching innocent bystanders in the crossfire.

‘coughs’ ahem so this is just to find out if people think this is a good idea or not PURELY! as in nothing else if I find anybody starting to debate about debates or other people debating then I shall I violently tut at them for a 24 hours period and if then they have not ceased then they shall be reported.

edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017[/quote]

[/li][/quote] well what fb would actual do is something I can not predict in any possibility so I shall simply state what I would do and what I think fb should do in this hypothetical scenario…
which is to quite simply hibernate it till the next election and I think (I just had this idea as I was typing and had to re write) id lock of all the old dead threads after said election definitively done and dusted.

[li][/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017[/li][li]
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/1/2017

and now I must sleep I’ve spent the last 4(5 maybe) hours actively engaged on this forum I am supremely tired.

any tutting and awnsering of directly pointed questions at my self will be resolved 8 to 9 hours from now.
disclaimer i am prone to daily swings in coherency of thought so i apologise in advance if give an awnser or a reply that makes no sense what so ever.

There’s been a great many election threads, but there’s been quite a lot of redundancy among them. I don’t think a full subforum is necessary, but a few pinned official threads would probably help keep things tidy. An election mechanics thread in the Bazaar, an out-of-character debate thread in the Salons, an in-character debate thread in Mr Pages’s Fabularities, a “buy my vote” thread in the Singing Mandrake, and a campaign headquarters thread in the Singing Mandrake for each candidate.

what the hell?! they actually did it??? I wonder if they got the idea of me? probably just wishful thinking but still…
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/3/2017

[quote=crazyroosterman]what the hell?! they actually did it??? I wonder if they got the idea of me? probably just wishful thinking but still…
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/3/2017[/quote]
And it makes so much sense.

Just look how many threads there are already over there!

[quote=crazyroosterman]what the hell?! they actually did it??? I wonder if they got the idea of me? probably just wishful thinking but still…
edited by crazyroosterman on 7/3/2017[/quote]

[color=#cc0099]We did! Thank you for the suggestion, delicious friend[/color]

It doesn’t really affect my browsing, since I pretty much exclusively rely on the &quotRecent Topics&quot option, which shows all the recent threads no matter which subforum they’re in. The Bazaar subforum is much more inconvenient to navigate, as there are eight stickied threads, where currently two of them might have new posts without showing any difference (as far as I know), and the rest just end up being old thread spam on my screen.