What does it means to be a "Correspondent"?

I have seen this title appear on chats regarding actions in the game; I assumes it is related to the Correspondence, but beyond that I don’t know how or where to unlock it. Could someone please provide me help in no answering these question?

Once you a person of some importance you can become notable. Once you are notable you can take on more impressive professions. Start as a journalist, then upgrade to author, then to Correspondent.

Become a Journalist through the Bohemians connection card. Then you can upgrade to Author through the card &quotAn Unsigned Message&quot which requires notablility 2. Once you are an Author and have Notability 5 you can use the same card to become a Correspondent.[li]
edited by MaskedGentleman on 12/15/2013

Ahhhh, alright, thank you kindly

Our you could become an Author by writing a certain level of short story (can’t remember what it is) and being a Journalist while using a certain option on the Bohemian opportunity card.

Exceptional, I believe.

You need ‘An exceptional short story’, in addition to being a journalist, along with some Connected: Bohemians, (I think), to advance to author.
As far as I’m aware writing a short story doesn’t bypass having to start as a journalist.

As an aspiring author, is it better to go the making waves notability route or should I start on the short story?

It took me 48 Actions to write a Potentially Masterful Short Story that failed and became an Exceptional Short Story. And it would’ve cost me 325 CP of Connected: Bohemian to become an Author through that option. So that’s almost 15 Actions of writing poetry about the Duchess.

Making Waves 15 +5 CPs would cost 95 CPs and doing it twice would cost 190 CPs. Certainly looks to me like that could take more time than the short story, but apparently you can make money while making waves at the court? And it’s certainly the best option if you’re going for Correspondent any time soon, since you’d need the Notability anyway.

You also need to be a Scholar of the Correspondence, of course.

At level 10, no less! And you need to pass a ridiculously high Watchful check, as well.

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]As a new Correspondent, can someone give some guidance on how to learn more of the enigma known as the correspondence…trying to get over 10 and having a devil of a time. [/color]
[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Thanks,[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Elonden[/color]
[li]

I don’t think that’s possible, but I’m not entirely sure.

[quote=elonden][color=rgb(0,]As a new Correspondent, can someone give some guidance on how to learn more of the enigma known as the correspondence…trying to get over 10 and having a devil of a time.[/color][/quote]It seems as if attempting to write your monograph in a pail of so-called snow can let you increase the skill. If you’re out of this neath-snow you can buy more of it from the Urchins faction card, or just wait until it snows again, when it is your Time. Though for some actual skill increase you’ll probably want to buy the stuff as often as possible. Even though it’s expensive, both in goods and connection.

Thank you very much, Gillsing. I had two pails…first was lost in a severe writing accident…the second was much better.

Would love to send you a card, or ask you to dinner.

Elonden [li]

[quote=elonden]Would love to send you a card, or ask you to dinner.[/quote]I sent you my calling card, but since I’m not a PoSI, Christmas Cards and dinners are kind of wasted on me. But I don’t mind helping out with the tough Making of Waves grind

If anyone here has seen a Correspondence skill of 11 or higher, please let us know?

[quote=Riley37]If anyone here has seen a Correspondence skill of 11 or higher, please let us know?[/quote]I remember seeing it in someone’s profile, and I think it was one of the regular posters. But since I can’t seem to find it again in anyone’s profile, I guess they switched it out the quality shown in their scrapbook. Pretty sure the profile was in the discussion in this thread.

I now have an 11. [li]

Yeah, there are people with it higher than 11. One person raised it before it was capped and got it up to…something. I forget the exact number.

So, what is the cap? Would hate to waste valuable lacre.[li]

Elonden