What do you do while waiting for actions?

Exactly what it says on the tin. What do you do while waiting for actions to refill? When I’m not working or I’m having a slow day, I tend to just pick up another game. Current go to has been Splatoon lately.

I mostly work during office hours, so well, I pretend to do my job when not playing. cookie clicker and the damned clicker games with the kittens are also two favourite time-wasters of choice.

As incredible as it sounds, sometimes I also manage to get work done.
(I’m quitting this boring job though, so everything will change. Will I play more? Less? Who knows!)
edited by Zero on 7/27/2016

Depending on the time of the year, coursework or another game. At the moment it’s Stardew Valley or Minecraft. Back when I first got into FL it was Sunless Sea, so I could continue with my Neath fix.

Stare at the screen like a zombie :P

Actually, I usually write. Or take some time to go do some unpleasant chore I’ve been putting off.

Sometimes the two are one in the same :P
edited by Kukapetal on 7/27/2016

That kitten game is addictive, oddly so.

Personally I like SS or Don’t Starve for being out of actions. I suppose RL as well, but generally it’s a bit grindy and mostly is only a decent game because of the resolution and graphics.

[quote=absimiliard]That kitten game is addictive, oddly so.

Personally I like SS or Don’t Starve for being out of actions. I suppose RL as well, but generally it’s a bit grindy and mostly is only a decent game because of the resolution and graphics.[/quote]

Hmmph. My optics are out of alignment and I always have to run at much lower settings.

Oh geez, I forgot about the Kitten Game and Cookie Clicker. That also reminded me that Candy Box 2 exists as well. If you love the Kitten Game and want an RPG quick fix than Candy Box 2 delivers.

Also good luck, Zero. I’m aiming to do the same come September.

@Glass Doll, yeah, I’m afraid the resolution of my game has been getting a bit off as I get older. Not happy about that, darn bio-graphics-cards just don’t hold up …

As for the Kitten game … . I don’t need an RPG quick fix, I have this thing about cats… (like that’s news to anyone here)

Currently, I hunt monsters in Monster Hunter Generations.

Right now, It’s been reading Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder Adventure Path. While I’m not the happiest with all the encounters it has some great thematic encounters - like Foxglove mansion.

I’m usually either reading or drawing comics in my free time. Honestly anything that requires enough concentration that I forget I’m waiting for actions is super great.

Well, when I’m not playing FL i’m usually in College or doing assignments so… yeah

If you are interested in the lore I would recommend checking out Sunless Sea if you haven’t already

I usually play my main character first. After her actions are exhausted, I play my alt’s actions. When those are exhausted, I sell items from both characters at the Bazaar while waiting for actions to refresh. After that if I’m still waiting, I play another game or do some web-surfing, but I usually do that only if I’m working on something like a Heist that I can finish with a few actions more. Otherwise, I get up from the computer and do something else (often, something like going to bed). Or else I check out the Forums (like I’m doing right now). :-)
edited by cathyr19355 on 8/9/2016