Were there Plans for Post-Election Game Changes?

Last election, all free-loading players got is a card - which any winning candidate could have offered. Premium-paying players got a special story about one of Sinning Jenny’s better successes as Mayor, but of course, that’s for premium-paying players. There’s the additional content for the Fruits of the Zee festival, but there were hardly anything about Sinning Jenny and her opponents for the Halloween-equivalent, Christmas, and certainly not the Valentine’s-Day-equivalent.

I know, I know, if the gameplay-changing details of any candidate’s victory is revealed, it’s going to affect voting preferences a lot, and undercut the value of role-playing that could be had from all this electioneering.

For example, if the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner’s victory could mean more cards getting labelled as City Vices, especially pesky useless ones like A Sporting Sort, I - and probably many other players who want to nuke their deck - would be switching all our characters to support her in a heartbeat and change them all to Agitators to troll the sh** out of other players who support candidates that do not promise this.

Yet, as of the current presentation of the election, I would say here that I am one of those players who couldn’t give two sh**s about who won - likely because we value gameplay-changing consequences more and we are not getting much of any concrete details about the changes which would be precipitated by any candidate’s victory. There’s also the matter of last election’s changes, which, in my eyes, did not shake the status quo much.

Maybe it’s a matter of a different outlook but I think you’re just expecting a little too much from the Election. It’s pretty clear lore-wise, that the Masters aren’t interested in any “real” changes and the whole Election is just a publicity stunt. And I think FB made that additionally clear this year by selecting 3 very imperfect candidates who could hardly be more unsuitable for a political office.

It’s just another two-week FL festival. Why should it have more long-term effects than, say, Hallowmas or Christmas?

That was last year. I procrastinated a tad too much, but now, here are my two-cents.