Weekly Questions, Beginning 08/08/2016

And it’s &quotOh, come questing now
Ask a question now
About finding love stories to appease the star&quot
Or give advice witty
About our fallen city,
The home of the Echo Bazaar.

Since we just got the word that fruit of the zee starts the 15th, is there anything we should start stock piling for the event? Does it eat up jade? Tales of terror?

… Love?

[quote=WinterIV]Since we just got the word that fruit of the zee starts the 15th, is there anything we should start stock piling for the event? Does it eat up jade? Tales of terror?

… Love?[/quote]

Quirks, alot of quirks(can’t remember much else, but I remember there wasn’t much else you needed).

[quote=The Master][quote=WinterIV]Since we just got the word that fruit of the zee starts the 15th, is there anything we should start stock piling for the event? Does it eat up jade? Tales of terror?

… Love?[/quote]

Quirks, alot of quirks(can’t remember much else, but I remember there wasn’t much else you needed).[/quote]

On that note, what are the methods to grind Ruthless? Ideally without losing my Magnanimous/Steadfast (or at least with minimal loss).

1. How dangerous is the Iron Republic?

2. Does going their consume your pass?

1. It’s a wonderful place that you should visit at any and all opportunity.
  2. No. No, it doesn’t.

[quote=Matthew Enigma][quote=The Master][quote=WinterIV]Since we just got the word that fruit of the zee starts the 15th, is there anything we should start stock piling for the event? Does it eat up jade? Tales of terror?

… Love?[/quote]

Quirks, alot of quirks(can’t remember much else, but I remember there wasn’t much else you needed).[/quote]

On that note, what are the methods to grind Ruthless? Ideally without losing my Magnanimous/Steadfast (or at least with minimal loss).[/quote]

Which quirks do we need? All of them?

Is there a good guide for raising all quirks to low levels without lowering other ones? I’m in the position of having some 10-12 quirks, like austere and subtle, and missing others like ruthlessness and forceful entirely.

How many Tales of Terror (maximum) should I grind for one Impossible Theorem? It’s for my alt. I want them to do something awesome (getting that Hotel Suite) before heading NORTH.

Since the results of upgrading Uncanny incunabulumS to searing enigmas is so inconsistent, a maximum answer is far more than you’d ever want to get. But it took me a couple of weeks to grind them out that way, if you want a time frame instead.

[quote=Harlocke][quote=Matthew Enigma][quote=The Master][quote=WinterIV]Since we just got the word that fruit of the zee starts the 15th, is there anything we should start stock piling for the event? Does it eat up jade? Tales of terror?

… Love?[/quote]

On that note, what are the methods to grind Ruthless? Ideally without losing my Magnanimous/Steadfast (or at least with minimal loss).[/quote]

Which quirks do we need? All of them?

Is there a good guide for raising all quirks to low levels without lowering other ones? I’m in the position of having some 10-12 quirks, like austere and subtle, and missing others like ruthlessness and forceful entirely.[/quote]

Most quirks will have checks on this festival, succeding will give you a quality that can be used for several things, the main use is to get unique weapons of this event. As I know you will probably always have at least 2 choices to advance so you wont need all of the quirks anyways, and by 10 the checks are 100% to succed anyways.

Hmm… I guess I could do two more weeks of Flit Grinding.

[quote=WinterIV]Since we just got the word that fruit of the zee starts the 15th, is there anything we should start stock piling for the event? Does it eat up jade? Tales of terror?

… Love?[/quote]
Regarding the Festival, does anyone know if there will be any new unique items available this year?

I’ve just had a pleasure of visiting a lovely Cave of Nadir for the first time. I must admit, I was kinda lost there. I got a nice Melancholy boost, thanks to my Daughter, but why would I get back there again? What is Nadir useful for, in general?

There are a number of cards with some pretty profitable options on them. (including one that gives a Searing Enigma)

Since you already been, here’s a thread full of spoilers:

Http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21384-opportunities-in-the-cave-of-the-nadir.aspx

Thank you, both of you! Now that I am reading the first post in that thread, I see that I overdosed a bit with Irrigo: I left with 11

All right, one more related question: The opportunity to sell location, that is card, right?

Yup, you’ll find an option in the faction card of each of the potential buyers: Urchins, Hell, Great Game and Revolutionaries. The last two give the most valuable itens, in terms of echoes.

Yup, you’ll find an option in the faction card of each of the potential buyers: Urchins, Hell, Great Game and Revolutionaries. The last two give the most valuable itens, in terms of echoes.[/quote]

Note, the reward from the revolution and the Great Game is worth 5 times more echoes than the reward from the urchins and Hell.

Do we have any information at all on when de gustibus is starting? I sure hope they didn’t forget about it and that we still get it this year since it’s starting to feel like they forgot about it.