Weekly Questions, Beginning 03/10/2016

Here’s this week’s short question/prompt answer thread! Need to know something? Ask here!

Greetings and salutations my friends!

Is there a way to refer a friend to Fallen London that gets you a bonus? I seem to remember there being several options last time I played (~2 years ago). I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

There was a problem with the app, and they have been taken offline until whatever problem gets fixed.

I just drew a mood card. What should I use it for? I’m at about 150-80 in every stat except maxed out persuasive.
edited by Harlocke on 10/3/2016

[quote=Harlocke]I just drew a mood card. What should I use it for? I’m at about 150-80 in every stat except maxed out persuasive.
edited by Harlocke on 10/3/2016[/quote]
I vaguely recall a Watchful Mood being required if someone wants to get Scholar of the Correspondence 21. Aside form that, I’m afraid I’ve got little else to suggest.

[quote=Harlocke]I just drew a mood card. What should I use it for? I’m at about 150-80 in every stat except maxed out persuasive.
edited by Harlocke on 10/3/2016[/quote]
Well, in order:
-You can use it to help with renown, seeking, or SoTC- each of these could use it, but only if you’ve gotten far enough. {or far enough AND pre-winking isle for the seeking.}

• You can use it to get an extra 24-27 pence per action robbing a drunk rat, excluding rare successes. Worth doing if you have ~30 cp SOiC, but not highly profitable either.

• to increase your progression in expeditions, if you’re doing them anyways. shaving off one action is two actions, usually, if it’ll make the difference between 100% 3-action and100% 2-action. however, IDK if your watchful is high enough.

There’s also card-based uses, but most of those are only worth doing as icing on the cake.

I’m probably missing at least one other use that’s worth the extra action, but IDK what it is.

I used a mood on SiC for 19+ levels, but it took me months to save up that much SiC.

If you think you’ll get married later, you can use it for an over elaborate way to increase your Rat yield while a rat catcher.

Forgive my ignorance – what is SiC? (I have a mood sitting there and similarly don’t know what to do with it)

SiC = Someone is Coming

If you rob a drunk rat in Spite, you you will get a higher reward with a higher Shadowy at the cost of a few CP of Someone is Coming.

Thank you! Yes, I do know the rat…

Is there a way of grinding SiC, other than opportunity cards?

Are there tier 4 professions? they are not on wiki so I was wondering…

We know their names, but they have not been released.

Not that I recall.

[quote=Aramazon]Greetings and salutations my friends!

Is there a way to refer a friend to Fallen London that gets you a bonus? I seem to remember there being several options last time I played (~2 years ago). I can’t seem to find them anywhere.[/quote]

[li]
Minor correction here – the referral bonuses have been gone much longer than the app has been out. They were removed to combat the playstyle of &quotmaking disposable recruitment accounts for free stuff on your main.&quot Currently, the referral actions have also been removed. It seems unlikely they’ll come back, at least for the same purpose.

Well, one card at the zee gives SiC but it’s just one card and that’s alot of actions.

[quote=Jeremy Avalon][quote=Aramazon]Greetings and salutations my friends!

Is there a way to refer a friend to Fallen London that gets you a bonus? I seem to remember there being several options last time I played (~2 years ago). I can’t seem to find them anywhere.[/quote]

[li]
Minor correction here – the referral bonuses have been gone much longer than the app has been out. They were removed to combat the playstyle of &quotmaking disposable recruitment accounts for free stuff on your main.&quot Currently, the referral actions have also been removed. It seems unlikely they’ll come back, at least for the same purpose.[/quote]

They should add them back, but with rewards no better than you can grind on your own. Then they would be purely for roleplay purpose and not underhanded profits.

It seems that the “recently” column under the Messages tab no longer tells us our making waves level. The only way of checking said quality is to go the “Myself” tab, clicking the plus sign in front of “story” and searching for making waves. This is rather inconvenient for those of us who are trying to increase our notability. May I know if this is a bug? Will the “recently” column in the “messages” tab tell us our making waves again?

Well, it seems like the game is a bit buggy lately(as seen in another thread) so it may be fixed eventually, till then you can tag any storylet with making waves as a requirement as a plan to see your making waves there.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am a luddite with a serious Pauli effect (that negatively affects me in real life as well) and do not know how to go about what you propose. Could you please tell me how to do what you suggest in such a way that even a baby can understand? Many thanks in advance.