Weekly Fallen London Questions, 4/11/2019

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

Question: can I use this thread as an ouija board to contact The Great Cornholio? They send me a lovely letter, but I discovered that if the letter-writer isn’t in your contacts, you cannot answer back, invite them for a coffee or do anything, really! So… any advice on making contact?

On the screen for social actions, you should be able to add them to your Contacts by free-typing their name in the &quotAdd a Contact&quot field. You can also try Sending a Calling Card, under Matters of Society in your Lodging.

You can also try guessing the URL of their profile based on their name, although that only works if it’s not private. There should be an Add Contact button there. Is this the person you’re looking for?

As it happens, I had an invitation to a plant battle from someone, and when I tried to respond, the game told me the player didn’t exist. How does that happen?

That was spooky!

OK, so now that Hallowmas is over, I’m thinking ahead to Sacksmas.

I believe I’ve saved up enough Stuff to have a shot at a Noman tattoo. Is there a thread or post somewhere with the sequence of things to do?

If there isn’t I’ll need to make one for myself just to have instructions to follow over the course of the holidays, compiling it out of the various threads I can find on google/search. I’m just wondering if there’s already a post with that stuff compiled in one place. Also to check whether my supplies are far insufficient (and I should wait a year), close to sufficient (and I should grind furiously for another two months) or probably enough.
edited by Amalgamate on 11/9/2019

[quote=Amalgamate]OK, so now that Hallowmas is over, I’m thinking ahead to Sacksmas.

I believe I’ve saved up enough Stuff to have a shot at a Noman tattoo. Is there a thread or post somewhere with the sequence of things to do?

If there isn’t I’ll need to make one for myself just to have instructions to follow over the course of the holidays, compiling it out of the various threads I can find on google/search. I’m just wondering if there’s already a post with that stuff compiled in one place. Also to check whether my supplies are far insufficient (and I should wait a year), close to sufficient (and I should grind furiously for another two months) or probably enough.
edited by Amalgamate on 11/9/2019[/quote]
There’s always an extra question, but here’s a link that I saved which has, well, more links. There you’ll find everything you need.

Ooof! I came here to ask the same question. Never realized how prohibitive the Noman is. Perhaps next year, when I will have grinded 30 tears of the bazaar, I will have a chance…

What would you recommend to chase during sackmas?
Currently my goal is set for upgrading to 5-star lodge. Anything else? (for not so hardcore players)

I’m end game and it was one of the few remaining things I had wanted to try. As one now marked with a Norman tattoo, let me just say that I didn’t feel it was worth it. The process exhausted a prodigious amount of resources which didn’t seem to match the value of the acquisition.

J-

[quote=fafer.forums]What would you recommend to chase during sackmas?
Currently my goal is set for upgrading to 5-star lodge. Anything else? (for not so hardcore players)[/quote]
Pick up a Remote Address lodgings as well. I personally prefer the larger hand size, but the game really doesn’t offer many opportunities to acquire one.

How much supplies did you have? I did the Noman tattoo last year and decided on 25 Buckets to be safe. No Tears though, what with Night-Whispers being easier to get these days.

Hi Delicious Friends!

So a little while back I started actively pursuing Great Game Renown. However, I have forgotten why I did so. Anyone have any idea what storylet/card make me start this? I’m a PoSI, midgame with stats in the upper 100s. I’ve tried googling it but I can’t seem to find the answer and it’s really bothering me. I know I really wanted it for SOMETHING. Any suggestions will help!
edited by charlottealyse on 11/11/2019

Well, this may help you remember – I refer to it often to find out what to use for which purpose, or what to gather where.

With thanks to phryne…

https://community.failbettergames.com/topic24895-the-ultimate-guide-to-favours-and-renown.aspx#post202275

While we’re on the subject of not knowing why we’re doing things: Can anyone tell my why I still go through the weekly rigmarole of maintaining my Notability over and over again, when I really don’t have a use for it any longer? I just can’t seem to break the habit.

maybe you like opening suprise packages, or maybe there will be event that will require notability is some form…

I think it’s more that I like hoarding surprise packages, checking my character I see I currently have 57 unopened ones. I tend to be like that that in real life too, if I have wrapped presents I always delay opening them for as long as I can get away with. I suppose the potential of a present is always better than what you get when you actually open it. I just love having presents around waiting to be opened. :)

And I think your second point is on the nose. I’d hate to be caught without the Notability just when something pops up where I really need it. Thanks, I think that’s it. I was thinking about giving it up, but I reckon I’ll carry on for at least a while longer.

Having 1000 surprise packages should help getting your soul back were you to lose it.
edited by NNNnobody on 11/11/2019