Weekly Fallen London Questions, 30/04/2018

Hey folks! Here’s this week’s thread for quick questions!

What’s the easiest late-game way to snag some quick Maniac’s Prayers?

Because I go through Manic Prayers relatively quickly due to Renown conversions, I buy Primordial Shrieks in bulks of 500 from the Bazaar and convert them into 105 Manic Prayers.

Does Irrigo destroy memories, or take them?

Holden - when I needed many of these, I changed my connected pet to the Tomb Colonist’s version to increase my chances of getting favors. Grind for favors and exchange them for Primordial Shrieks in the Forgotten Corner. Given the decreased frequency of Tomb Colony favors compared to other factions, I did this concurrently with other goals.
edited by Jason5237 on 4/30/2018

Although it’s less efficient, increasing your Scholar of the Correspondence at the University also gives 10 Maniac’s Prayers each time. It’s costly, but if you want to gun for that Courier’s Footprint anyways, it may be worthwhile.

That costs you Correspondence Plaques, though.

In the fate-locked conversation with the Wry Functionary, I seem to have gotten caught in a content cul-de-sac, where I can cycle between talking about romance, my work as a Crooked-Cross, and the Admiralty, but nothing else? Once in a blue moon the Airs of London let me switch topics to the Duchess, but only for one click, then it kicks me back to the work-romance-admiralty dead-end. Is there any way to break out and explore the massive list of other subjects I sometimes see on the mouse-over flags, or have I just screwed up this bit of content for good?

Can you use A Bad End as often as you like? I want to get SMEN 7 for an option in my Ambition, but I’m not sure if I’ll then be stuck with it.

You can always quit seeking, right up until you’re quite literally knocking at the door.

You can always quit seeking, right up until you’re quite literally knocking at the door.[/quote]
But can you return afterwards? Or should I just zero out my UP if I don’t want to continue for a while?

You can always quit seeking, right up until you’re quite literally knocking at the door.[/quote]
But can you return afterwards? Or should I just zero out my UP if I don’t want to continue for a while?[/quote]
You can return to Seeking afterwards, but if you use A Bad End, all your progress will be wiped. If you plan on coming back to seeking, I’d recommend doing what you said: zeroing out your UP and not touching it for however long you please.

Has anyone on record ever raised Someone is Coming to any particularly remarkable level? I just realised mine’s at 23, and I’m not sure whether to keep collecting it or just cash it out (and get rid of that non-discardable card in my hand).
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 5/3/2018

I have visited the Iron Republic months ago and kept a journal as a memoir. Is there any reason to visit as a non Seeker again?

One of the Ambitions I think?
Hell Renown reward.

Raising Austere past 10.

Doing… things… to Menaces while at Zee to avoid them triggering when you arrive at London.

Personally, I enjoy the roller-coaster experience, but going to Zee is inconvenient so I don’t do it as often as I would like.

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Has anyone on record ever raised Someone is Coming to any particularly remarkable level? I just realised mine’s at 23, and I’m not sure whether to keep collecting it or just cash it out (and get rid of that non-discardable card in my hand).
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 5/3/2018[/quote]
Due to the age in FL, Estelle Knoht beat me to 77 by few days.

Well, since 777 is far too absurd for my tastes (as in, patently unachievable within a reasonable timeframe unless some exploit comes around), looks like I can free myself of this useless pursuit at least.

Nemesis, certainly (don’t know about the others).

From a role-playing standpoint, it could be either. From a game mechanics standpoint, since the only Irrigo penalty is a stat loss, and the stats (for non-Paramount Presences) are easily recoverable, that suggests you’re getting everything you lost back over time, so I’d lean towards &quottake&quot over &quotdestroy.&quot

Not a quick answer really, but I use a second-level Labyrinth of Tigers carousel, each step of which may grant you a number of Shrieks to stash and convert then to Prayers.