Weekly Fallen London Questions, 29/11/2021

Can you tell me where it is located? Is it under Progress?[/quote]
You can use the little search bar to find a specific quality.[/quote]

I am embarrassed to tell you how long it took me to discover this, although ctrl-F works OK on that page… But also that there are TWO search bars on the possessions page, one for your equippable gear and one for the rest… This one is much more important since ctrl-F doesn’t search alt-text.

It’s in two distinct parts.

The first part is set in London, and some of it involves dipping in and out and recruiting people for an expedition. The second part involves travel to a new area at zee and that is wholly based away from London. It has two sites in that new area, and you need to be careful to make sure you see all the content, especially in the second site. One of those sites remains open after you finish Flint.

The hiatus between the two is quite clear; you can’t miss it. It’s perhaps worth keeping in mind that there are two extensive Flint threads on here that you may or may not want to dip into.
Enjoy.

[quote=elderfleur] I’d pick the Beast-Breeding option first, but definitely follow your Heart[s] and/or get a second opinion.
edited by elderfleur on 12/2/2021[/quote]
Thanks for your response, I’m heavily considering the aunt storyline but I’m also considering transferring my fate to my alts Miss Mosin and Dr. Sicarii so that they can get fate locked destinies this christmas but it seems that I can only gift fate if I have 50 or 100. Is there any way to transfer 10 fate to each of them in game? If not would it be worth a try to contact support and asked them to remove 20 fate from Sir Jedidiah and add 10 fate to both my alts or would it be an automatic no for whatever reason?

There aren’t ways of transferring small amounts of fate in part because there’s ways of getting small amounts of fate without paying money - I think there’s ways of getting up to 3 fate from finishing all the major stories, and at one point there was a few more from answering some surveys, or something. They don’t want people using alts to “farm” Fate for free.

I have no idea what their response would be if you asked (since it would be clear you’re not trying to do that). Could be one of those cases where they’d answer “no” just because they don’t want to create a lot of work for themselves transferring fate around for people that ask nicely (like their “sorry, we won’t fix your misclick” policy.) But I’m not them so I don’t know for sure of course.

If memory serves, one of the seasonal festivals last year had an option to transfer 20 Fate, though I can’t remember which one it was. So it’s not entirely out of the question.

It’s a long journey, away from London. Take the trip when you have plenty of time to indulge in slow reading and savor the words.

It’s a long journey, away from London. Take the trip when you have plenty of time to indulge in slow reading and savor the words.[/quote]
Thanks!

It’s a long journey, away from London. Take the trip when you have plenty of time to indulge in slow reading and savor the words.[/quote]I second this! I spent few days in Apis Meet, Caution and The Bleeding Forest just to play all the options, but also to hoard rare items (at that time). The second part felt like an expedition to the unknown!

Spoilers for Hurlers and Marigold

I realise there are limitations on what people can say about this but I hope someone can answer in general fashion. I am currently debating whether to throw myself into discordant studies, or skip it for now and explore Marigold first. I already extended my railway out to Marigold when we got access, but in recent months I have gone back and taken the time to complete the stories at all the previous stations in order rather than do anything in Marigold. I am now back at Hurlers, but it is clearly quite a challenge and I am wondering whether to do Marigold first. My question is whether there is any downside to that? I have steward of the discordance 3, have done the deviless and imp story, fully stoked the stove once, and done sufficient to establish the tracklayers’ settlement somewhere else already.

The discordant stories are kind of independent from Marigold, so it is perfectly fine if you choose to finish Marigold quests first. I did that, and I recently finished the discordant quest, including the, well, less obvious stages of the stories. As for the penalty from the advance stages of the discordant stories, if you find the Nadir cave manageable, you don’t need to worry about the discordant costs.

There are parts of Marigold with a real-world time-gate. I would suggest Marigold first, so that you can start the timer on those events earlier. Then you can work on the Hurlers while the timer on Marigold is counting.

Thank you both. Marigold next then. I have no troubles with the Nadir and I’m rather looking forward to tackling discordant studies. There just sounds quite a lot to it and Christmas activities in the Neath will be ramping up soon as well.

If you have multiple lodgings - as I’m sure we all do - does it make any difference which one you are actually living in?
I haven’t noticed any. The cards all seem to turn up regardless, but am I missing anything?

There are - off the top of my head - three effects of your current lodgings.
1: It determines how many cards you can keep in your hand. 1 for being homeless; 2 for the starter room; 3 for most lodgings; 4 for the Bazaar, Brass Embassy and Royal Beth elite lodgings; 5 for the upgraded elite lodgings.
2: If your current lodgings is a Remote Address, then cards with the tag “City Vices” won’t appear in your deck. Handy if you want to weed out common cards you don’t have a use for.
3: You can lend out your lodgings to stop their cards appearing in your deck, but moving into that lodging will return its card to rotation.

[quote=Diptych]There are - off the top of my head - three effects of your current lodgings.
1: It determines how many cards you can keep in your hand. 1 for being homeless; 2 for the starter room; 3 for most lodgings; 4 for the Bazaar, Brass Embassy and Royal Beth elite lodgings; 5 for the upgraded elite lodgings.
2: If your current lodgings is a Remote Address, then cards with the tag &quotCity Vices&quot won’t appear in your deck. Handy if you want to weed out common cards you don’t have a use for.
3: You can lend out your lodgings to stop their cards appearing in your deck, but moving into that lodging will return its card to rotation.[/quote]

I got the 4 card hand as soon as I bought the Royal Beth. I didn’t have to move in.

When you bought it, you moved into it automatically. It’s your current lodgings.

The &quotmyself&quot tab showed me still living in my townhouse, though.

Odd! Buying a lodgings does move you into it - your profile might not have updated accordingly. It’s a big game with a lot of moving parts - it happens occasionally. If you move back into your townhouse, you should find your hand size shrinking accordingly.

[quote=Bluestocking]
The &quotmyself&quot tab showed me still living in my townhouse, though.[/quote]

Alethea_Blueleg’s profile shows her living at the Royal Beth. Miranda Podoserpula’s lodgings are the townhouse.

The main difference besides hand size is that you have no option to get rid of your current lodgings’ card.

[quote=PJ][quote=Bluestocking]
The &quotmyself&quot tab showed me still living in my townhouse, though.[/quote]

Alethea_Blueleg’s profile shows her living at the Royal Beth. Miranda Podoserpula’s lodgings are the townhouse.

The main difference besides hand size is that you have no option to get rid of your current lodgings’ card.[/quote]
I (Alethea) did move in deliberately by clicking on the key, afterwards. I think the &quotslow to update&quot is probably the thing. I’m now living at the bazaar (it’s been a big week for real estate!) without having to click on the key.