Weekly Fallen London Questions, 29/03/2021

I can’t think of a reason to keep the Numismatrix. I just dumped her myself the other day so I could train and graduate a Gifted Student while keeping my Profound Student at level 5. No regrets so far. I’ll probably keep doing that until I can get a Visionary Student.

I got rid of mine a long time ago. Can’t say I miss her.

I just did my final upgrade to the magistracy station by building a statue of the clay highwayman to cash in criminals favors. But I can’t find it anywhere! My hinterland scrip definitely was reduced. Where should I be looking, or is this a bug I need to report? Thanks, all!

Statue exchanges come via a card you draw while you’re in the relevant station.

Ahhh, ok. I was expecting to see a storylet for the statue like have been in other stations. Thank you so much!!

Ahhh, ok. I was expecting to see a storylet for the statue like have been in other stations. Thank you so much!![/quote]

Other stations? I’ve only built one, at Ealing Gardens, but it doesn’t have a storylet either, it too comes as a card,

All the statues are cards, but everything else is a storylet. I imagine that’s what Myrto meant. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah right. Of course. I was a little let-down to discover it generated a card, too, rather than a storylet. Not nearly as useful as I was hoping it would be. The latest round in my ongoing feud with the RNG was hopelessly waiting for weeks on end for that damn honey-mazed bear to show up in the Gardens. And just when that is all done, now I have to wrestle with a damn statue there. Cards? You can keep 'em! :)
edited by Plynkes on 4/5/2021

Thanks, that’s exactly what I meant!

Edit: and I agree with Plynkes…if I build a statue, I want to see it when I roll into town on my railway! :)
edited by Myrto on 4/5/2021

I got Scholar of the Correspondence up to 21 so I could build a statue of myself in Jericho Locks. The statue generates Parabolan Research, so I’m damn well going to use that for all my Parabolan Research from now on. I traded in 55 church favors via that statue to get my Impossible Theorem, and ten so far to upgrade my Parabolan generals.

I just turn it into Glass Gazettes, since they’re the only experiment that requires no normal research.

It’s not unprofitable. Glass Gazettes seem to have a value of roughly 2.5E, So going by that, doing this allows the occasional gain of 12.5E for 2 actions (one to start the experiment, one to conclude).