Weekly Fallen London Questions, 28/09/2020

Here’s this week’s questions thread!

Is there a profitable way to monetize surplus Investigating…?

What’s the best way to grind esteem for Jericho?

I was using Memories, but I’ve ran out of Sworn Statements (which I can’t work out a good way to grind). Docks favours take forever, &quotnight on the towns&quot don’t seem cost-effective, and some options are locked to me, like &quotcrooked cross&quot. I thought maybe partial maps could be an option, but also can’t work out a good way to grind. Is there a much easier method I’m missing?

Edit: Would collated research be the most efficient method?
edited by Robin Alexander on 9/30/2020

[quote=Robin Alexander]What’s the best way to grind esteem for Jericho?

I was using Memories, but I’ve ran out of Sworn Statements (which I can’t work out a good way to grind). Docks favours take forever, &quotnight on the towns&quot don’t seem cost-effective, and some options are locked to me, like &quotcrooked cross&quot. I thought maybe partial maps could be an option, but also can’t work out a good way to grind. Is there a much easier method I’m missing?[/quote]

I’m running into the same problem, but I’ve at least got some Statement supply via profession. My current plan is grinding attar and then exchanging it for sworn statements. I wouldn’t call this exactly effective, but it’s the best idea I’ve got until now.

for partial maps: building the skeleton for memories, site converting to zee stories and then upconverting would be the easiest option. I’m not sure its the most efficient.

[quote=Judaspriester]My current plan is grinding attar and then exchanging it for sworn statements. I wouldn’t call this exactly effective, but it’s the best idea I’ve got until now.

for partial maps: building the skeleton for memories, site converting to zee stories and then upconverting would be the easiest option. I’m not sure its the most efficient.[/quote]

I tried finding the option to exchange attar for statements, but struggled to find it.

My issue with converting skeletons for memories is the only option I saw needed something like 15 bizarre, and - no matter how I juggle my inventory and look around for other items - I can only seem to get it to 11. I might check the wiki to see if there’s an easier way to get Zee Stories and upconvert that way, as I’m guessing my last effort of collated research might not work out action effective.

[quote=Robin Alexander]
I tried finding the option to exchange attar for statements, but struggled to find it. [/quote]
Far Arbor (Palace) -> Witness a trial. 3 attar for 3 statements (requires to have at least 1 statement).

[quote=Robin Alexander]
My issue with converting skeletons for memories is the only option I saw needed something like 15 bizarre, and - no matter how I juggle my inventory and look around for other items - I can only seem to get it to 11. I might check the wiki to see if there’s an easier way to get Zee Stories and upconvert that way, as I’m guessing my last effort of collated research might not work out action effective.[/quote]
some of the new items you can get via skeletons or in the upper river might help. for example Tentacle Mitts or Anatomically Accurate Batrachian Bench. both offer +2 bizzare.

edited by Judaspriester on 9/30/2020
edited by Judaspriester on 9/30/2020

How the heck did Chuffy get access to pepper caps.

One of his aunts bullied him into doing the prize-giving at a country fair and he was given a handsome mushroom basket by way of thanks.

I too would like to know. Haven’t seen one yet.

There are options under &quotThe Heights of Chicanery&quot in The Flit… Are those profitable enough? Investigating reset for 5.4 echoes. Requires at least 8 Investigating to guarantee success.

Is there a way to raise shadowy past 206 yet?

Unless they have added an option that is missing in the wiki, the final storylet for 212 is still waiting for release.

Thanks. Something really needs to be done about aunts down here.

I’m trying to get into the Helican House in Earlings Garden, for which you need Investigating 5 or more, but I can’t for the life of me remember how you even get Investigating in the first place.

Anyone who could point me in the right direction?

You’ve got it wrong: you need &quotAcquaitance with Helicon House&quot, you get it from bohemian or rubbery card in Ealings, though you need a corresponding medium renown item (e. g. 25) to get either card.

EDIT: you could get it with Investigating…, but that option is long since removed.
edited by Aro Saren on 10/3/2020

I see, but on the ‘Track rumours you have been hearing’ about the Helicon House it says ‘You need Investigating… 5’ to chose the option. Or is that just a mistake?

edited by Akernis on 10/3/2020

Yes, devs forgot to clear this up.

Okay, thanks ^^

I got it with Investigating a few weeks ago, and I got the Investigating from dealing with bats and cats in the Flit.

[quote=Robin Alexander]What’s the best way to grind esteem for Jericho?

I was using Memories, but I’ve ran out of Sworn Statements (which I can’t work out a good way to grind). Docks favours take forever, &quotnight on the towns&quot don’t seem cost-effective, and some options are locked to me, like &quotcrooked cross&quot. I thought maybe partial maps could be an option, but also can’t work out a good way to grind. Is there a much easier method I’m missing?

Edit: Would collated research be the most efficient method?
edited by Robin Alexander on 9/30/2020[/quote]
I’m not sure if it’s the best option, but I’ve been researching the false snake for memories and grinding statements at the Foreign Office in Wilmot’s End.