Weekly Fallen London Questions, 28/03/2021

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions and answers.
edited by Diptych on 3/30/2022

I want to put up a statue of myself in Marigold. I’ve got the required status, at great expense. I can’t find the option though. Is it a card? The wiki says it’s a storylet.

It’s been a while, but that’s what I remember: Just a regular storylet. You don’t already have a different statue in Marigold, do you?

Oh dear, yes. I put up a statue to Furnace and the tracklayers and completely forgot about it. I assume I have to wait for the statue card and remove it then.

At that point, I believe you are into FATE territory.

Discordant Studies spoilers ahead.

[spoiler]I’ve read that it is possible to exchange the Immaterial Material for a Veils-Velvet Scrap. Someone on Reddit wrote that this can be done on a card drawn in London once I’ve maxed out the trading post at the Hurlers. I have Hurlers Commercial Development at 3 and an Immaterial Material, but the card doesn’t want to show up. So I wondered if there are any additional prerequisites or if I’m just unlucky.

Also: Does the Discordance Stone have any use or is it simply a trophy to show that I’ve completed the DS storyline?[/spoiler]
edited by Nemo on 4/1/2022

You need to talk to the Lapidary at the Hurlers first. If your Development is at 3, there should be an option visible. That option will unlock the card in London.

The Stone is just a marker than you’ve completed the storyline.

Thanks for the quick answer. I’ll try that.
edited by Nemo on 4/1/2022

The whitsun post reminded me that this is the next festival. When will it be? IRL Whitsunday is not until June this year.

It starts in early/mid-May. We only have two years to go by, but so far it has started on the 10th or 11th of May.

Despite the name, it doesn’t seem tied to the actual Whitsun. That would be impractical, being pegged to Easter’s notoriously unreliable date. (In fact, that was the motivation for the real Sacroboscan Calendar.)