Weekly Fallen London Questions, 27/03/2023

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London Questions.

Are there any good ways to grind duchess connections? I haven’t seen anything in the bazaar like the widow and university items, and I would rather not increase it by 2 cp an action from her salon.

In the Shuttered Palace you can get 50CP from 1 Society favour or at Mr.s Plenty Carnival.

Publish poetry in praise of the Duchess is 10cp/action - the same as Mrs Plenty’s carnival but doesn’t require tickets and isn’t capped. Using society favours is 25 cp/action, but they’re usually better spent elsewhere.

1 Like

Wiki says Curry favour with the Duchess is still 50CP per favour.
EDIT: I miss-read, sorry! It is 50CP per favour and 25CP/AP. :slight_smile:

I believe that by 25 cp per action, they mean one action to get the favor and one to spend it.

1 Like

Are there any Sorrow-Spiders in Parabola? There should be since they travel through mirrors, but I can’t remember having encountered them there.

Where I can find (Fate-less) in-game lore about Flukes? I’ve just built the station at the Magistracy of the Evenlode and, aside from my destiny, I haven’t seen anything about them.

My Persuasive is at 183 and I’d like to keep increasing it, but Wilmots End and the Foreign Office only pose Straightforward challenges to me. Where should I be? (The wiki doesn’t list anything for between 130-200+ and I can’t get a railway yet)

I just came back to the game after a few years. I started a story (Part 4 of the Blind Pianist, if that’s relevant) and changed outfit in the tab on the left side of the screen. Doing so moved me away from the story and I can’t figure out how to get back.

You might want to try governing port carnelian. The challenges aren’t much harder, but it’s something. You could also buy a talkative rattus faber, who will reduce your stats and make the challenges harder.

What do you mean? Are you now in a completely different area, or can you just not see any choices? If the second one, you might just have to turn back to the first tab, and if the first one you would want to submit a bug report at support@failbettergames.com

Ah, I was in the wrong area. tyvm

So I’m relatively new to the game and I have managed to acquire 2 lucky weasels. I noticed that they are assigned to the companion slot and you can only have one companion at a time. Should I sell my second weasel, or are there areas in the game where having more than one is beneficial?

Well, you can get a special vanity quality if you collect 400 lucky weasels. For more practical reasons, there are several uses for weasels around London, including using 60 of them for an upgrade in the University Laboratory, or trading them one at a time for Urchin Favours.

I’d say keep them. You’ll probably have to buy more from the Bazaar later, and you won’t get much for selling them.

That’s exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!