Weekly Fallen London Questions, 20/06/2022

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions! Fallen London is, after all, a city of many questions - such as “is cheese really made of spiders?”.

If cheese is made of spiders, then what are they using my Hellworm Milk for in that cave under Spite? That cave has Clay Men, the one with spiders is underneath the Signing Mandrake.

1 Like

This is not a question related to the Hurlers.

I could never forget where did I get my very first immaterial material, as I never intend to find a second one. I certainly do not hope for any person to provide any hint or guidance. Thank you.

What’s the process for reducing the number of acquaintances? There is no option under “myself”, and doing it in “Account” appears to make no difference.

You can drop contacts under Account, but to reduce acquaintances you go to Social Engagements and Attend to Matters of Society.

1 Like

Many thanks. I didn’t actually know that. Much appreciated.

1 Like

There is no possible type of Theorum you could bring to the castle to exchange for such a thing

1 Like

Do we have an inkling which Profession will get the next upgrade and when?

I’m saving up scrip to buy a hellworm. Is it worth trading in my fairly modest stock of night whispers at the rat market in the next few weeks and buying solace fruit to sell upriver? Or can I do something more lucrative with my night whispers to gain scrip?

1 Like

If you’re Nightwhisper-rich, one strategy is to sell your Nightwhispers at the Rat Market but instead of buying Solacefruit you purchase Inklings of Identity (or another 10-pence item), sell those to the Bazaar for 85 Echoes, purchase a Brass Skull for 62.5 Echoes and attach it to a Headless Skeleton you find at Marigold to be sold to the Constable for 155 Scrip. You’ll need some Brass (likely from the Sunken Embassy) and for best efficiency you may want to collect quite a few Marigold Skeletons at once. It does get a bit tedious in large numbers, though, so I would recommend mixing in some other Scrip sources for variety’s sake.

1 Like

Thanks, elderfleur. That sounds like a better use of shillings. I’ve been making curatorial cocktails, conning smugglers and offloading cartographer’s hoards so far because I had stocks of the necessary resources already, but I will add the above to the mix.