Weekly Fallen London Questions, 18/04/2022

I hope the Easter Oyster brought all you good little children some colourful pearls! If not, well, at least you still have questions.

Still no news from the hinterland city. Those laborers, migrants, I wish them well.

I’m a bit confused: I assembled a skeleton by starting with the Headless Skeleton and adding an Eyeless Skull, which according to the wiki adds 3000 pennies value, but when I sold it to the Constable the payment was only 85 scrip. That was much less scrip than obtained from the sale of skeletons with other less valuable skulls. Is this a hidden function of Eyeless Skulls, a bug, or did I do something wrong?

Headless skeleton is worth 250 pennies, 3250 pennies is equivalent to 32.5 echoes, or 65 scrip. The constable adds another 20 scrip bonus. So it looks like you did everything right and got the correct payout.

[quote=PJ]Headless skeleton is worth 250 pennies, 3250 pennies is equivalent to 32.5 echoes, or 65 scrip. The constable adds another 20 scrip bonus. So it looks like you did everything right and got the correct payout.[/quote]Thank you for checking the math, PJ! Then I must be misremembering the payouts from previous skeletons, or whatever combinations of bones and skulls I used to assemble them.

Could you be thinking of a Brass Skull instead of an Eyeless Skull? I get those two confused in my head for no reason all the time. The Brass Skull is more valuable.

Did anyone else notice the “Apologies for the subscription bug” coffee?

Yep! Got some coffee!

[quote=amalgamate]Could you be thinking of a Brass Skull instead of an Eyeless Skull? I get those two confused in my head for no reason all the time. The Brass Skull is more valuable.[/quote]Yes, maybe! I wanted to try an Eyeless Skull on a skeleton, such a hassle to get one but I did want to try it at least once, and I usually grind with Brass Skulls, so you’re right, maybe I got them mixed up in my mind. :)