Weekly Fallen London Questions, 17/10/2022

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions.

1 Like

Are you ready for Hallowmas? We’re probably a week away from it!

4 Likes

How do you spend your Trade Secrets? Getting the items (and maybe cashing them out) or boosting attributes?

With my Making Your Name stories coming to an end, I wonder if such boosts will become much rarer.

I’ve only ever taken the goods. It’s a way of spending actions if I’m short of time in RL. Though since it’s 10 a pop, the TS do tend to pile up.

I’m the sort of person who finishes a game with a bag full of consumables “because what if I need them later”, so the idea of needing a Trade Secret and having to wait a whole month to get it has led me to an (almost certainly) overcautious supply, “just in case I need them”:
FL_Trade
That said, I did use a bunch of them to get better odds on a few Classic Short Stories because, again, “what if I need these later.”

1 Like

Hoard them in case FBG adds a nice vanity thing for a big number. :slight_smile: Nothing at 77 and I’m not sure anyone reached 100 yet.

I know someone has/had 2 more than me one year ago, but I think I saw over on Reddit someone that had quite a few more than me. As of now, there’s no vanity in sight.

1 Like

I forgot we can use them for creating short stories. I’ll start keeping one at hand for the case I either need it for that or for the cash, since they only come in every four months.