Weekly Fallen London Questions, 16/08/2022

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

8 Likes

Have a like for maintaining these weekly threads!

4 Likes

Have a like for liking it! Like for like, as they say.

3 Likes

I like this sentiment. My question is, does everyone else like it?

3 Likes

I like all this liking! But perhaps we’re not all alike in that.

2 Likes

I feel like liking it, but I’d like to reflect on that for, like, a week first before actually liking it.

3 Likes

I like alike :slight_smile:

And to show this like, a question to the purpose of these threads: do I need to have advanced and/or completed the Railway and/or the Parabolan War(s) before playing the Khanate? (I’m just really behind on the railway - currently building Burrow.) The wiki guide didn’t seem to indicate anything like that but I might have missed something easily. Thanks!

2 Likes

You can get to the Khanate without either, but accessing a biiiiig chunk of its content requires access to an activity at the 4th Railway station.

1 Like

Yes, I have Balmoral. Is there anything past Burrow that is needed or beneficial in the Khanate?

1 Like

Nope. You need a Cover Identity from your Cabinet Noir to get started, but after that the Khanate is fairly self-contained.

Some sellable items might be nice. Crackling devices, airag, oneiric pearls.

2 Likes

Thanks very much! What I actually really want now is a set of neathbow boxes (a neathbow set of boxes?) - so I’m doing things a little out of order to achieve that. :)

1 Like

There’s a little decoding issue that needs to be sorted out before you can meet your contact. And the secret spy cave needs to be fully upgraded so you can achieve the right kind of identity.

2 Likes

I noticed that on my hold full of sphinxtone it says “Be rid of it sooner rather than later” . Any ideas what it means?

1 Like

It’s just flavour text. Sphinxstone has a nasty habit of crying too much. But nothing will happen to you unless FBG decide to play with this item in a future event :)

1 Like

I’m hoping for an earth-shattering kaboom.

This is going to be a strange question I’m sure likely won’t have much of an answer, but-does anyone remember how FF Gebrandt was written before her mayoral candidacy? My brain has a sneaking suspicion that she came across…different before it, in terms of characterisation. But I have very little to back it up other than a vague feeling; it’s entirely possible I’m just jumping at shadows and before the elections she was just a name on some bottles.

1 Like

You could do commissions for her during Feast of the Rose, and talk with her during certain item up conversions. The former gave me the impression of a mercenary businessperson focused on drumming up demand for product. The latter is probably where one might find established her reputation as a scientist.

Honestly I would have mostly thought of her as a snake oil salesman if it weren’t for the foxfire candle interactions.

2 Likes

I think the fact that she once looked suspiciously like our aunt inevitably affected our perceptions of her, although she definitely comes across less sympathetic and complex in the Feast of the Rose Opportunity Card.

4 Likes

There’s also the storyline where Mr Wines asks you to do corporate espionage on her, during which you can end up seducing her.

1 Like