Weekly Fallen London Questions, 14/09/2026

Here’s this week’s thread for any Fallen London questions you don’t want to start a whole thread for!

Is there a specific place to report typos? I know there’s an E.-Mail address for bug reports, but I’m not sure if typos would go there!
i might start a forum thread if there’s not a designated official place for it

There is in fact a dedicated email address for typos! To help them prioritize against functional bugs.

typos@failbettergames.com

Fittingly, I always need to double check whether “typos” has an e. This email is in the “Help” page of the game, but significantly less prominent than the bug email address.

6 Likes

That wonderful Elizabethan invention, the rack, is a regular – in its illicit relationship with the despised bladder-wrack… or possibly its association with coastal wreckers.

(I noticed a few in the recent Firmament material, but I suppose I finally ran out of puff on the reporting front.)

Can we have a visual indication when the Rat Market Eclipse happens?

For example, the user interface becomes a different shade or monochrome. This is a helpful reminder in case we are distracted by an ongoing event, which I heard was a complaint during the last eclipse.

According to the wiki, the last eclipse happened on Jan 2025. If it’s a once per year thing, the next eclipse should be within the last few months of 2026. Otherwise, it becomes established that it is not a once per year thing.

1 Like

It’s not scheduled, nor (directly) under FBG’s control. There is no guarantee that it will or won’t happen. It’s just a result of the other Rat Market qualities happen to line up on a particular week.

1 Like

hey so uh how do I raise (late Firmy) The Way to Old Gifts to 80? I’m at 70 rn and according to the wiki you need 80 to be able to unburden yourself and I am. confused

1 Like

Choose Prove your usefulness in Parietals and the Light, then go rescue an unlucky lizard.

1 Like
1 Like