Weekly Fallen London Questions, 14/06/2021

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions!

Heads up, balance changes incoming tomorrow.

Yep. They came in. War in Parabola nerfed.

Would it be possible to have the detail of all the changes? Thanks

Is there an easy source for Memories of Much Lesser Self? I’ve been grinding Airag via paintings at Balmoral and have a bunch of moonlit built up. Unfortunately the new balance changes now require MoaMLS to use the moonlit option for paintings and I’ve still a pile of moonlit to burn (silly me for doing batches of moonlit followed by batches of painting/airag).

Unless they’ve changed that, you can turn cover identities into Memories of a Much Lesser Self in the Cabinet Noir, at a rate of 1 memory for each point of basically anything. (Backstory, elaboration, credentials, etc.) No bonus for ties

I’ve never noticed that option before, though it has been awhile since I’ve been in the cabinet. Thanks for that!

Is there any list of the changes that were actually made? The blog entry lists which activities were to be affected by this &quotbalancing,&quot but I’m kind of lost at the moment regarding what are the actual changes, or even what the &quotcurrent best sources of resources&quot are supposed to be.

EDIT: So, from the wiki it seems that Moonlit is basically worthless now? I mean, I’ve rarely paid any mind to optimization or cared for EPA margins beyond the 3 Echo benchmark, but the changes still feel a little bitter, since as many have said, they kind of make you feel like you’re not really making any progress even if you expend a lot of effort to reach very advanced places…
edited by Sir Reginald Monteroy on 6/17/2021

Did there used to be a way to see your current Cover Identity attributes in the Myself tab or am I misremembering that? I don’t see it listed any more but not sure if it is a bug or has always been that way.

It was added some time after the Parabolan War began, I think to make it easier to do the options that raise Mirror-fed.

I hope you turned in any deer-sightings you got while accumulating that Moonlit, because those are also worth less now.

On a completely unrelated note, I have noticed recently that a card has been implemented that allows you to make September, the companion, into a Spouse. Has anyone encountered any similar option for November?
I’d give an arm and a leg to be able to marry her. Not necessarily my own arm and a leg, but I’m open to haggling.

Need someone to fill me in on how to raise Steward of the Discordance, since the wiki’s been censored and I don’t much like Discord.

I’ve researched all my seals and got my special stone, I just don’t know where the hell to raise it to 7. It doesn’t help that every related card/storylet follows the “haha opposite day” way of putting things.

[quote=A Crimson Tepes]Need someone to fill me in on how to raise Steward of the Discordance, since the wiki’s been censored and I don’t much like Discord.

[snipped spoiler][/quote]You can get 1 CP per week by removing your Discordant Law in the Nadir. You can also get 1 CP by visiting the Black Castle again, but since this costs a Breath of the Void I don’t recommend it!

[quote=34Witches][quote=A Crimson Tepes]Need someone to fill me in on how to raise Steward of the Discordance, since the wiki’s been censored and I don’t much like Discord.

[snipped spoiler][/quote]You can get 1 CP per week by removing your Discordant Law in the Nadir. You can also get 1 CP by visiting the Black Castle again, but since this costs a Breath of the Void I don’t recommend it![/quote]

What senseless agony. All those Stewards and suffering and more you must endure. I imagine you’re stuck with your law once you’ve raise it to the cap, yes?

[quote=A Crimson Tepes]

What senseless agony. All those Stewards and suffering and more you must endure. I imagine you’re stuck with your law once you’ve raise it to the cap, yes?[/quote]
No, you can still remove it at the cap. You just get a Discordant Soul instead of raising Steward.

Once you’ve unlocked the ES Our Lady of Pyres, where do you actually start it? I haven’t seen the storylet since the reorganization, but it’s not in Library. Is it a bug or am I just looking in the wrong places?