Weekly Fallen London Questions, 10/02/2020

Here’s this week’s thread for quick questions about Fallen London!
edited by Diptych on 2/11/2020

@ PSGarak, previous thread

Too late to answer there, but thank you for the explanation of the skull / expedition mechanics. I didn’t check the Wiki beforehand, but find now that it does have a page that supposedly lists the skull and a couple of other things as results. Must have bleared over that.

What is the Noman tattoo under in the myself page?

Do you mean what the name of the quality is? It’s &quotA [Second] Skin-Bound Memory: The Face in the Snow&quot. Edit: Or &quotA Private Tattoo of your Noman, Inscribed in Gant&quot for the third one.
edited by Monara on 2/13/2020

I’ve stuffed up in changing professions and accidentally used up all my notability in exchange for favourable circumstances. Would someone be so kind as to send me a point of notability please? (Is that still even possible?) Happy to return the favour if needed, pay it forward, or tell me what you need, I’ll most likely be quite happy to do it for you. Many thanks in advance!

[quote=Monara]Do you mean what the name of the quality is? It’s &quotA [Second] Skin-Bound Memory: The Face in the Snow&quot. Edit: Or &quotA Private Tattoo of your Noman, Inscribed in Gant&quot for the third one.
edited by Monara on 2/13/2020[/quote]

The a private tattoo of your Noman, inscribed with Gant.

It showed up now. Wasn’t there when I first did the story.
edited by Winthropx on 2/13/2020

[quote=Winthropx]The a private tattoo of your Noman, inscribed with Gant.

It showed up now. Wasn’t there when I first did the story.[/quote]It’s a bonus tattoo that you can get after you got you second regular one.
This one is different because it only gives you that quality (requires page refresh) and you can get it multiple times every year.
You just need to keep your Noman alive long enough and this year, for unknown reasons, FBG lowered the melting rates quite a lot. If you follow idyl’s melt tracking thread you’ll see what I’m talking about. I still think some extra content will show itself!
Mechanically speaking, we aren’t allowed to have the Noman live for 1 year (confirmed by support) and maybe there will be a date triggered story which will kill all Nomans in the Neath. My thought is this was implemented, but a bigger audience is better; not only the ones with 1000+ NF. :) Like Amalgamate, myself and many others.

Which feast companions unlock interesting options elsewhere in Fallen London? The Presbyterate Diplomat, for instance, can attend your salon to great effect.

Who can I spend my Fate on to get more than an interesting icon in my Companions section?

Is there any trick to drawing the Encounters at the Feast card to get companions? I’ve drawn the lady in lilac and the feast of the Rose cards a bunch, but not the one that actually gets me the companions! Anyone have favorite RNG prayers or sacrifices?

[quote=PJ]Which feast companions unlock interesting options elsewhere in Fallen London? The Presbyterate Diplomat, for instance, can attend your salon to great effect.

Who can I spend my Fate on to get more than an interesting icon in my Companions section?[/quote]From Reddit:

[ul][li]the Presbyterate Diplomat can be invited if you have a Salon
[/li][li]the Pirate Poet gives some flavour options in &quotMy Kingdom for a Pig&quot
[/li][li]the Pentecost Ape gives some flavour options in &quotThe Pentecost Predicament&quot
[/li][li]the Cat’s Chiefest Claw gives a flavour option in &quotSteeped in Honey&quot
[/li][li]Lettice, the Mercy, will slightly increase the Making Waves-boost of inviting the Mercies to your Salon
[/li][li]Both the Missonary and the Firebrand can be married after you upgrade them. Apparently they have pretty good opportunity cards if you do.
[/li][/ul]

@Amalgamate, sadly, it’s just RNG. :(

Fellow Londoners, I am back after a short but unavoidable break (I delivered my PhD! Yes!). I hadn’t realized the Feast was underway. Will I have enough time to play the Viric story? Or is it lost if you haven’t played from the beginning (I am willing to spend Fate to speed things up)

The Viric stories cost Masking (and candles for the Bishop), and then require drawing a three cards which are Abundant. To play all four stories by Thursday, the only barrier of significance is the Masking. If people on the forums are willing to chip in, you should be drowning in Masking in short order, and then the only barrier of significance will be not drawing Lilac’s card.

Congrats on the degree! :D

Thank you!

Congratulations on having successfully defended your PhD thesis.

It is possible to obtain 20 Masquing simply from doing the Feast of the Rose card (card with an image of the Exceptional Rose on it; not to be confused with the Encounter at the Feast card which is silver bordered and shows a sunrise). 20 Masquing is all you need to get one Viric dream. I have been getting the Feast of the Rose card at least 4 times a day (and NO Lilac). I would, in addition, be happy to send you some Rose gifts to cash in with Lilac. If you can afford/would like to exchange Rose gifts that cost Fate, please PM me–because I received a gift of Fate from my IRL spouse, I can do a few Fate exchanges this year.

Right now I’m quickly completing Heart’s Desire. When I saw the three plans to lure Mr Pages into the game, I was very surprised. Although this was just a plan, it was crazy. Can anyone tell me, is there any ES or Destiny mentioned similar plans

Has anyone made zzoup on the Surface (real life)? And how good is it?

not really a question but I just found out voracious and insatiable gloves have eyes and teeth and im slightly terrified