Weekly Fallen London Questions, 1/04/2019

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

I’m now waiting for Kindness of Ravens card, and I was wondering, will it be more likely to appear when I have the Dazed Raven Advisor as my companion on all four cards (Morning, Evening, Incognito, Hard wearing)…? Also, does it matter to which a certain item is assigned?

So I got married to the Secular Missionary after the Feast but paid for an amicable divorce from the artists model, both for RP reasons and for possible betrayal later should I go down that path. Trouble is, I keep drawing her card and it’s winding me up.

Can I separate from the missionary, pursue the model to turn her card into a storylet and then immediately remarry the missionary to thin my deck, or will that not work?

It won’t make a difference whether or to which outfits it’s equipped. As long as you have at least one Dazed Raven in your inventory, the card will always be Standard Frequency. Just keep at it, and the RNG will show you mercy eventually.

To answer this part: the outfits are little more than shortcuts to equip certain batches of equipment at once, and have no other gameplay effect. If anything requires an item to be equipped, then it’ll need to be specifically in the equip slot right now, and being stored or not in any of the four outfits doesn’t change that.
But as earthbourn said, most things (including, to my knowledge, all item-specific opportunity cards) don’t require the item to be equipped, only present in your inventory.

Thanks!

Ι am about to start my quest for an Impossible Theorem. Considering the wounds that failure brings, I have some horsehead amulets, and also a Cider. I understand the amulets keep you out of the boat automatically, but for the Cider to work I would have to go right to the possessions screen and immediately drink, right?
edited by Jolanda Swan on 4/4/2019

I’m not sure they allow the latter trick anymore (someone will have to confirm).

Anyway unless you really really want to avoid the boat at all costs, you only need to spend 1 action to leave it since you have a Cider. It’s an immediate wounds clear and sends you back to your lodgings… albeit with no Taste of the Garden gain.

I’d recommend dying, as it also quadruples your card deck, which is pretty convenient.

But can you go on a boat if you have amulets IF your wounds reach 8, not by being moved to the location?
I for one forgot about this aspect and lost some of the hard gathered 16 I had. :(

I do not mind dying per se, what I mind is that by the time I get back, my mood will have dissipated. Though I am fine with buying a candle or two with Fate.
I will attempt it very soon, so if it’s all right, I will post what happened to this thread as an answer!

A Mood only offers 1 or 2 percentage points on the Theorem check, right? Is it statistically worth it?

[quote=Jolanda Swan]I do not mind dying per se, what I mind is that by the time I get back, my mood will have dissipated. Though I am fine with buying a candle or two with Fate.
I will attempt it very soon, so if it’s all right, I will post what happened to this thread as an answer![/quote] Not sure what will happen with the Horsehead Amulets, but since you have the Cider, if you do die, there’s a storylet at the boat that clears your Wounds in one action. The trick of accessing items to reduce Wounds no longer works, but social actions do.

Great, so if all else fails I know the boat will only take one action!
The mood will not offer more than one or two points, true, but this is a great ocassion to use one!

Succeeded on first try, so while this is great, I am afraid I cannot offer any insights on the wounds-death mechanic…

The odds of that seemed imposs… Ah.

Congrats!

The Give a Gift! card (and only that) is not working for me today – any choice freezes the screen. Anyone else having this problem?

I’ve had it twice today, both times took “I am my only friend” with no issues.

Anyone know how many CP inviting the Princess to your salon uses? Is it everything?

A lot. I haven’t done that Storylet in years, but the last time I did I got up to 56 MW in one go, from I think…was somewhere in the 20s.