Weekly Fallen London Questions, 06/05/2024

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions!

1 Like

I’ve recently purchased The Empress’s Shadow, and I’m loving the story that comes with it. However, I am a little worried. I know that several endings increase The Liberation of Night, and I really don’t want that. What should I do to get a non-Liberationist ending? If it helps, I like the Shadow herself and so an ending that is favorable for her would be preferable.

1 Like

Hey, just wondering if buying the Experimental Augmentation Device saves from year to year? As in, if I buy it this year, I’ll still have it next year.

2 Likes

You keep it for as long as your character exists. There’s even a year-round experiment using it in the Lab!

4 Likes

Will there be a way for me to switch to a worker-owned railway in the future? I think I missed the moment where it was available without realizing. Plus, now I’m gearing up to place the final station, so I assume when that happens a lot of railway-related decisions will meet an end point as well…

2 Likes

Yes, you can change the charter - there’ll be an option to do so in the boardroom. I believe you need either Furnace as a board member, or a Tracklayer’s City founded!

4 Likes

Thank you! That’s good to know.

3 Likes

Hi!

I have a problem in Burrow. The quality Burrow: Darkness doesn’t appear at all under “Myself”.

The station has been built, the church is operational, I have the correct colour on the chessboard (1 = red). But I don’t appear to be able to draw the card to increase / decrease the light and so can’t cash in the identity I have made, which requires Darkness 4.

I’m assuming the non-appearance of the card is connected to the absence of the quality.

Any ideas?

1 Like

The missing quality probably just means that you accidentally lowered Darkness to 0. Some of the track routes from Burrow to Moulin reduce Burrow Darkness, for example.

However, the Burrow light adjustment card can be drawn with any level of Darkness, even zero, as long as your church is fully operational. I guess that it’s just RNG: keep drawing and you should see it eventually.

1 Like