Weekly Fallen London Questions, 04/10/2021

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

Bringing this over for this week’s questions!
I’m currently doing the Khanganian Intrigue rounds. It’s my first time in the Khanate, and I’ve got my network up to 5; back in London, I’ve got the Railroad out to Balmoral , and am getting to know the Clay Marauder.

All that being the case, is/are there some particular goals I should try to complete before I wrap this trip up? I guess I’m going to try and Place an Agent in London, for the apparent Chess boost? I just don’t want to make the trip home and be kicking myself as soon as I land for missing a specific thing I Should Have Done.

[quote=Thjazi]Bringing this over for this week’s questions!
I’m currently doing the Khanganian Intrigue rounds. It’s my first time in the Khanate, and I’ve got my network up to 5; back in London, I’ve got the Railroad out to Balmoral , and am getting to know the Clay Marauder.

All that being the case, is/are there some particular goals I should try to complete before I wrap this trip up? I guess I’m going to try and Place an Agent in London, for the apparent Chess boost? I just don’t want to make the trip home and be kicking myself as soon as I land for missing a specific thing I Should Have Done.[/quote]
There are a few things you should grab while you’re there. They all take kind of a long time to acquire. But, hey, they just announced new content in the Khanate on Thursday! So maybe the best thing for you is to actually just hang out there for the next two days.

You will definitely want The Boots, because they are best-in-slot for Chess. You will also likely want a Corresponding Sounder, to crack open and get a Violant Mirror-Catch Box.

If you are interested in becoming a Master Smuggler, which is a vanity quality with no actual benefits (aside from one option for a statue to yourself in a later station), then you will need a second Corresponding Sounder, two Crackling Devices, and five Oneiric Pearls. Crackling Devices can only be ontained in the Khanate; Pearls can be obtained there, or via zee-dreams.

[quote=PSGarak]If you are interested in becoming a Master Smuggler, which is a vanity quality with no actual benefits[/quote]This gets a lot of people so elated! :D

Actually you can get Crackling Devices in L.B. Industries

Is there still a crowd-sourced ledger of Rare Success probabilities floating around? I keep running into links to a deleted document, unfortunately.

[quote=elderfleur]Is there still a crowd-sourced ledger of Rare Success probabilities floating around? I keep running into links to a deleted document, unfortunately.[/quote]Looks like I can’t even find it anymore nor in Sheet archive. :( Most certain it was deleted, but let’s hope someone made a backup copy.
In the last years, I recorded some rare successes, but not that many. Is there something that you’re interested in particular?

[quote=Skinnyman] In the last years, I recorded some rare successes, but not that many. Is there something that you’re interested in particular?[/quote] Upconversions for Journals of Infamy and Extraordinary Implications; so far I’ve got 19:1 and 3:1 (success:rare success) for my very limited data set. Even if the rare were 0% the Newspaper-Upconversion-Rat grind is quite good, but I’m curious how good.

[quote=elderfleur][quote=Skinnyman] In the last years, I recorded some rare successes, but not that many. Is there something that you’re interested in particular?[/quote] Upconversions for Journals of Infamy and Extraordinary Implications; so far I’ve got 19:1 and 3:1 (success:rare success) for my very limited data set. Even if the rare were 0% the Newspaper-Upconversion-Rat grind is quite good, but I’m curious how good.[/quote]Well, I assume the rare success is the same as other T3 and T4 materials so here’s what I got:
When Absinthe and Plaques required favours I got 30 from 334 wine up-conversion (8.98%) and 24 from 211 plaques (11.37%)
After they stopped requiring favours I got 8 from 84 wine (9.52%) and 8 out of 88 plauqes (9.09%).

I guess we can conclude that T3 up conversion has a 10% rare success.

As for T4, I only got 8 rare successes out of 197 (4.06%) when up-converting Broken Giants, but the first many were 0%; I was even wondering if the RS is still available. EDIT: after 126 conversions I got the first rare success here.
Aeolians screams yielded 10 RS out of 159 (6.29%) and these pretty consistent with some lucky rare success in the beginning.

Let’s put T4 up conversions to a 5% rare success.
edited by Skinnyman on 10/10/2021

Does anyone know what A Scored Stone relates to? I’ve been catching up on old ES and am trying to clear them methodically (in threes, the old ones). The Wiki doesn’t appear to know about this item.

Not sure, sorry! I’m closing this thread now, but feel free to re-ask in the new one!