Weekly Fallen London Questions, 04/05/2020

You can get it anytime in the Cave of the Nadir, but it requires having Taste of Lacre already. The only way to start is at Christmas.

On average, one Vial of Tears of the Bazaar will provide less ToL than is required to get a new vial in the Cave of the Nadir, so it’s also not useful as a way to accumulate more.

I need it to lure the Vake in the BaL Ambition, so I’d rather not wait 7 months… though if I have to wait for the “…Opportunity” card multiple times for the conversions, it may take that long anyway, if the RNG is feeling mischievous.

You can reset your deck by moving into the Lab and back out.

You can also force-draw the card by using Favorable Circumstances. If you’re on really bad terms with the RNG, grinding to Notability 8 a few times may be short by comparison.

Since there is no new weekly question thread, I’ll ask it here.
I have seen mentions of a “Viric Suit” I’m guessing this is like the Forgotten-Shore Vest, but only in Viric, but how does one get this vest?

I also have a question for my Alt, it has obtained A Name Written in Shadows 2, I know I need to go to Spite, but there is no Copper Storylet there to allow me to go Area-Diving (nor is there a Copper Storylet in Area-Diving in Spite itself). Does anyone knows where to go or what to do then?

The Viric suit is obtained in Parabola, in the Viric Jungle to be precise. You need some Fingerking favours and a Parabola Linen-Suit, which is lost as it is turned into the Viric suit.

Edit: As you’d expect, you can do the same thing with the frock, if you prefer frocks.
edited by Plynkes on 5/12/2020

[quote=Plynkes]The Viric suit is obtained in Parabola, in the Viric Jungle to be precise. You need some Fingerking favours and a Parabola Linen-Suit, which is lost as it is turned into the Viric suit.

Edit: As you’d expect, you can do the same thing with the frock, if you prefer frocks.
edited by Plynkes on 5/12/2020[/quote]

Odd I have searched in Parabola for new Routes and such by hunting, but I have not been able yet to find the Viric Jungle or spot the Storm-Bird.
(I did skip the lab and went straight to Parabola as I’m a Glassman, if that might have some influence on this all.)

The route to the Viric Jungle option pops up while hunting, like the others. You are at the mercy of the RNG a little there. Took me a while to get the route to the dome as it wouldn’t come up, and first time it did I accidentally clicked on something else and had to wait even longer. :)

You see the Stormbird if your nightmares reach 8 while in Parabola. The more times this happens the better chance you have of being able to pass the check to start hunting one. But each time you see it, your new stats get eaten away a little bit (can’t remember exactly which ones, Monstrous Anatomy and Glasswork, maybe?)

Aaah I see, thank you kindly, I thought I had missed something by skipping the lab. I always tried keeping my Nightmares low in Parabola, thank you kindly for your help!

By the way, you don’t have to worry about getting nightmares 8 in Parabola. You won’t get shunted off to a menace zone, and if I remember rightly, the encounter with the Stormbird reduces them back to below 8.

It also sinks your Glasswork and Monstrous anatomy.