Weekly Fallen London Questions, 04/04/2022

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions!

How quickly did London fall?

Happily, the timeline of the fall can be seen in the Mask of the Rose demo!

Has anybody else had problems with their EF subscription not being actioned?

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]Has anybody else had problems with their EF subscription not being actioned?[/quote]Yes, many of us for few weeks already.
It will reactivate after 8-9 hours, but if you expect to wake up with 40 AP and 10 candles you are in for a bad surprise. :( You will lose those advantages, but instead of waiting all that time, you can cancel and reactivate your sub.

Wow. Is this to do with new &quotanti-fraud&quot measures re- credit card use, or are FB (or whoever handles their subscriptions) just not on the ball here? How can they not have fixed this?

Thanks for the info, though. I’ve reported it, too.

So let me get this straight. As Skinnyman mentioned, the subscription renewed at some point later yesterday. Today, it tells me I have 28 days of ES subscription left. So a month is now 29 days? The renewal shifted from the 7th to the 6th of the month. This all seems very odd to me.
And FB are apparently too busy to respond to my query about this. Not good.

did somebody do a +1 day instead of +1 hour for DST …

It looks like a bug, not something odd. Please keep us posted, Meradine!

I sent an email to support@failbetter when it happened to me, hopefully they figure it out soon because I bet it’s annoying a LOT of people

Only if you have the right OS, which is neither chrome nor android :(

Only if you have the right OS, which is neither chrome nor android :([/quote]
During London Game Festival, you can play the demo online (through some game streaming service). I think this is through the 10th of April? So not much time left.

https://twitter.com/failbettergames/status/1509834024881119239

Did you get a response?

Because I’m still waiting, and it’s the second time FB have not answered an email.

If they are switching from 1 month subscription to 4 weeks, then they need to tell people. And if it is still a month (i.e. triggered on the same day), then my last month was 29 rather than 31 days.
I’ve never fancied the faff of &quotcancel and re-subscribe&quot, but of course nobody has to subscribe.

[quote=amalgamate]I sent an email to support@failbetter when it happened to me, hopefully they figure it out soon because I bet it’s annoying a LOT of people[/quote]This happened to me this morning, so I sent them an email as well. Being that it’s Saturday it looks like I won’t hear back for a few days. Definitely annoying.

My exceptional candle became unexceptional!! It must be the Snuffer!!! Somebody stop that stalker!!!

Apparently my candle became re-exceptionalized.

Does the subscription lapse cause you to lose your House of Chimes quality? I would hate to regrind becoming a Scarlet Saint.

No.