Weekly Fallen London Questions, 01/11/2021

November is here! Everyone get started on growing moustaches, writing novels, and… well, that’s by the by. Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

It is also NaKniSweMo, if you do that sort of thing. And also if you don’t. I do, but won’t.

OK, I also have a question: what happens to spare confessions in the end? Is there any way to give them away? I may have a single.
edited by Bluestocking on 11/2/2021

[quote=Bluestocking]It is also NaKniSweMo, if you do that sort of thing. And also if you don’t. I do, but won’t.

OK, I also have a question: what happens to spare confessions in the end? Is there any way to give them away? I may have a single.
edited by Bluestocking on 11/2/2021[/quote]

According to the wiki, you will be able to exchange spare confessions for items worth 2.50 (confessions of curiosity for extraordinary implications, confessions of guile for identities uncovered, and so on).

Sadface. Seems like a very low rate of exchange. Oh well, I have obtained most of what I planned, and will get the last one when I can trade. I’ll have the singleton.

Is anyone aware of any limits on accepting a boxed cat? I thought the “lacking qualities” might be acquaintance with the Duchess, but that looks okay.

Okay – mystery solved, it was an excess of wounds. There was no box in the usual way, but this instead:

Rats spring from the box, snarling and brandishing cudgels and dynamite! (name) has sent you a Box of Saboteurs! “Scuttering Boys come calling!,” the lead rat chirrups gleefully. You are forced to defend yourself! You’ve gained a new quality: Wounds at

Is this new? I’ve never seen it before.

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich][quote=what might be a cat in a box]Rats spring from the box, snarling and brandishing cudgels and dynamite! (name) has sent you a Box of Saboteurs![/quote] Is this new? I’ve never seen it before.[/quote] A prank option off the &quotGive a Gift!&quot card lets you send live rats in a box which otherwise looks like a becatted box; ordinarily it’s a bit cruel, but in Hallowmas the Wounds are more useful and a more &quotfriendly&quot gesture.

@ Elderfleur
Many thanks – I see I don’t consort with the right kind of helpful people! ;)

If I get Sympathetic to Ratly Concerns up to 77, will something good happen? Or just more rats?

Just rats. I got my Sympathy up to 100 before the Lab gave the Albino Rat something to do with her time, nothing came of it.

Rats.

Spoilers for Parabola

Is there any way to get a Forty-Nine-Voiced Warbler after your Parabolan Dominance hits 3 at the Dome of Scales? Are the cats too dominant to see the option?

You’ll need to do another campaign to restore fingerking domanance