Warm Wishes

&quotListen to yourself what are the benefits of staying out of this?&quot one of the figures asks. &quotDon’t you see this is folly.&quot another one of the group retorts back. The conversation was taking place in a rather discreet salon. &quotIt will surely lead to profit.&quot their devilish features becoming prominent as they say those words. The bickering continues.

&quotMy dear friends,&quot says one of the people present. &quotlet us think about this for moment before making brash decisions and spouting misinformation. This is for the good of not just the Brass Embassy, but of Hell itself. We should make only the best decisions.&quot

One out of the group steps forward. &quotHow do we know that your not just a puppet to Pact?&quot A few mutter their agreement. There is a moment of silence and then a reply is given by the first person. &quotBecause the best interests of the Brass Embassy are my best interests as well, when friends fall their friends also suffer, and I am quite close to you all.&quot the person grins in a way not dissimilar to others of the present company.

&quotBesides if I came to serve them I would be trying to get you to join the pact rather then ignore both them and Flowerdene.&quot A few voices of consent can be heard from the present company.

&quotMy plan is simple the Embassy must remain neutral to current events. If the Brass Embassy joins either side we only stand to lose. If we work with Flowerdene and win we will have gained nothing and lost resources doing so, and gained the Masters’ ire. If we do not help them and they are victorious in their goals they will be weak and will be ripe for the picking.&quot

&quotIt is not much better if we side with the Pact. We already have the ire of the people. We do not need for the clergy of this city to lead a purging of any and every devil, friend of the Embassy, or soulless wretch.&quot

The person looks for any disagreement within the eyes of those present. &quotAll I ask is to delay any involvement until after this business is dealt with nothing more.&quot The assembled group looked at each other in silence.

One of the devils cleared their throat. &quotI agree with him.&quot A few others add their assent to the plan as well. The gentleman poured himself a drink.

One of the former dissenters speaks up. &quotI hope that you are not leading us down the wrong path.&quot The gentleman looks towards the individual and gives a joking grin. &quotIf anyone is leading anybody down the wrong path it would be you all leading a saint like myself to damnation.&quot Laughter comes out of several members of the assembled group.

After a few more words and laughs the assembly started to leave one by one. Until only the gentleman remained. The gentleman finished his drink, took his cane, his hat, and of course his ever present smile, and walked through the door.
edited by Lord Gazter on 8/17/2016

(( Paragraphs are massively important when writing longer pieces, blocks of texts are almost indecipherable and sometimes painful to read when the reader has dsylexia or similar conditions. Even without such conditions, it’s somewhat oppressive to the eyes and makes it easy to lose one’s place. ))

I’m most definitely interested in reading this, but you need to format it properly first. You need paragraphs badly. Especially since there is more than one person talking in this. New speaker, new paragraph. That will help make it clearer who’s saying what :)

EDIT: Beaten by a few seconds yet again. Dang it! :P
edited by Kukapetal on 8/17/2016

[quote=Kukapetal]EDIT: Beaten by a few seconds yet again. Dang it! :P
edited by Kukapetal on 8/17/2016[/quote]

(( Eat my literary dust, cutie! <3

Also, is this an action for or against the FDI, because that needs to be declared ahead of time before the thread is made. ))

I’ll beat you one of these days. You have to sleep eventually :P

OOC: I’ve broken it down into bite sized parts. Thank you to any and all who read this monster.

[quote=The Absurd Rogue][quote=Kukapetal]EDIT: Beaten by a few seconds yet again. Dang it! :P
edited by Kukapetal on 8/17/2016[/quote]

(( Eat my literary dust, cutie! <3

Also, is this an action for or against the FDI, because that needs to be declared ahead of time before the thread is made. ))[/quote]
OOC: This is just a little bit of storytelling/me prepping for anything involving the Brass Embassy and Flowerdene.

That’s what YOU think!