Voluminous Library

I recently did the Voluminous Library thing, and I was unlucky and didn’t get the library. Is there anyway to retry the story line, and attempt to get it again, without having to create a new character?

Yes, absolutely - you should be able to try your case again immediately, with only a small investment of legal fees.

That was actually my bf posting for me because I was at work. However I did do the trial for the library and was unlucky. I tried to redo it but it only offered the option of ‘onward’ and did not let me try again. When I clicked onward the option and the entire storylet had been removed from my availability on the side streets. Do I have to do something special or will the gold bordered card appear again?
edited by ChristineF on 9/1/2012

Yes. The storyline was reset but not permanently locked. You just have to wait for the card to show up again.

Thank you. :3 I had another friend who played and they told me that it’s just gone for good, and that if you mess up on something that was unlocked with a person of some importance then you’re just sol.

Thanks for the quick info and sorry for being a bother! :D

There is also a second way to acquire the library - build your own from research you do while Embarking on a Scientific Expedition at sea. Of course, you’ll need your own boat for that. I have no idea how it compares cost-wise, but it isn’t luck based. It also appealed to me more for thematic reasons; but your mileage may vary.

[quote=ChristineF]Thank you. :3 I had another friend who played and they told me that it’s just gone for good, and that if you mess up on something that was unlocked with a person of some importance then you’re just sol.

Thanks for the quick info and sorry for being a bother! :D[/quote]

Good news for you and your friend, then - I don’t think any of the Person of Some Importance items can be locked off! You can always wait for the card to come up again, or spend some Fate/Nex, or something along those lines. And, no bother!

This option costs 250*3 research, which translates to 7500 pence - 75 echoes. As such it would be very much cheaper than the legal document+ secrets.