Visiting the home of the Watchmaker's Daughter

This option and its attached story seem to have been unlocked again by Failbetter which means I finally get to explore it as I missed it the first time (stupid RNG)

Wonder if they’ve fixed the thing where the model ship was worth fewer Scraps than selling its 3 component parts individually…

Look I have a minature locomotive now so I really don’t care,
Chugge chugge choo choo!

am I missing something or have they “just” adjusted the difficulty?

What exactly happens in this story? I got a miniature admiral - if I replay the story can I get something else, and then go for the third option?

You can get one toy for being Respectable, another for being Bizarre and Dreaded, and a third for being none of the above. If you have all three, you can combine them into a rare trinket.

has the &quotrare trinket&quot become it’s price fixed? at least before the update, it was worth 2/3 of the material price (or 1/2 if you take the 4. run for making it in stead of picking one of the components into account).

So, they’ve spent two weeks trying to figure out how to adjust the difficulty? That’s… not for me to comment.

has the &quotrare trinket&quot become it’s price fixed? at least before the update, it was worth 2/3 of the material price (or 1/2 if you take the 4. run for making it in stead of picking one of the components into account).[/quote]

And add in the cost of an extra run because, hey, who doesn’t want a Clockwork Drownie?

has the &quotrare trinket&quot become it’s price fixed? at least before the update, it was worth 2/3 of the material price (or 1/2 if you take the 4. run for making it in stead of picking one of the components into account).[/quote]

And add in the cost of an extra run because, hey, who doesn’t want a Clockwork Drownie?[/quote]

You need 3 parts (the Locomotive, the Admiral and the Drownie) which are worth 5 scrap each, and get out an item that gives (at least pre rework) 10 scrap.
this means the outcome is 2/3 of the parts sell value if we only take the the material into account or 1/2 of the value if we take into account that the 4. run to get the item could also be used to get one of the parts.

Well, I’d say that unless the four toys are given some new use in future content, they’re basically there for collectors and completionists. I’ll get one of each and then use the card to farm Whispered Hints occasionally. If the Wiki is correct, it can go up to 3 EPA if you run from the riverbank when the Drownies come (none too shabby, even if there are better options nowadays - talk about rapid inflation, huh).

It’s just a tiny little story, but kind of nifty and flavorful.

The prices of the four trinkets have not changed, but why would you sell them?

You don’t because one of them is a Model Train

I thought it might be a useful way to accumulate Scraps slightly quicker… although it’s 1 Scrap per action at best so on par with the worse dwellings…

I suppose if you’re desperate it adds another 1 Scrap/action card to your deck.