Viscountess still in Parabolan Warfare

FailBetter removed the Viscountess from both the Board of Directors and from her location in the Viric Jungle, but she can still be chosen as a councilor in Parabolan Warfare at the pavilion. Considering she’s gone from the latter, it makes me believe she’s supposed to be missing from Parabola as well and this is an oversight. What do you guys think?

She still seems to be on my board. I just refreshed the page to make sure

She’s not on my board, and there’s a new quality “The Viscountess in Absentia: The Viscountess of the Viric Jungle has disappeared from London”. But Parabola isn’t technically London, is it?

I had assumed this was intended. She had withdrawn from London, to focus on what she really cared about, which was the War in Parabola. However that doesn’t square with her missing from the Viric Jungle.

At this point, I assume she’s still in the Dolorous Pavilion so that you can still play the Cat Tutorial campaign. It might be an oversight, but it’s one that requires some writing to address rather than just yoinking the relevant storylets.

[quote=PSGarak]I had assumed this was intended. She had withdrawn from London, to focus on what she really cared about, which was the War in Parabola. However that doesn’t square with her missing from the Viric Jungle.

At this point, I assume she’s still in the Dolorous Pavilion so that you can still play the Cat Tutorial campaign. It might be an oversight, but it’s one that requires some writing to address rather than just yoinking the relevant storylets.[/quote]
Oh, I hope she stays there for a little longer for those of us who haven’t yet started the Parabolan War content!

The exact quote of &quotThe Viscountess’ Current Occupation&quot (the quality for her current state) is Exiled in Parabola, so I suppose it makes sense.

A Doylist perspective, I suppose, would be that removing her removes access to her campaign in Parabolan Warfare.

I’m still amused that London’s last ever elected mayor is a cat.

Of course, there’s an auto-fire event that announces her absence that I hadn’t seen since I was at Zee

I, too, just encountered the Viscountess in Parabola, though not in my war-camp.

I rather think this may have something to do with the Masters’ line about “a Further Tragedy”.

She’s only gone and roused the bloody Stone Pigs, hasn’t she? Small wonder the Masters are in a tizzy.

[quote=Tsar Koschei]I, too, just encountered the Viscountess in Parabola, though not in my war-camp.

I rather think this may have something to do with the Masters’ line about &quota Further Tragedy&quot.

She’s only gone and roused the bloody Stone Pigs, hasn’t she? Small wonder the Masters are in a tizzy.

I’m just hoping that this is all about vengeance for the blatant theft of last year’s election from the tentacle-enabled.

Where cat at? I’m proper miffed at losing her as a board member. Are we to wait for further story developments until we can recruit her again or has she retired for good?

The requirements for recruiting her to the board list “Enjoying her retirement” as an option on the world quality, so I assume she’s coming back at some point.