Victory

After months of ER playtesting without really making a whole lot of progress on ambitions (in part, to be fair, because the narrative in my head regarding each captain’s life / legacy / mindset may be a taaaad over-developed, so there were a fair few suicides and early retirements), I’ve finally completed an Ambition.

And I just wanted to say how utterly happy the final reveal and closure of My Father’s Bones made me. Thank you Failbetter - that was awesome.

It absolutely makes me want to do it again and find out whether it’s the same for different backgrounds, and find out how the other Ambitions resolve :)

Well, the starting quest is definitely different for different backgrounds.

Does that give a reward to your next captain? I’m about to complete this ambition, but since it ends the game… The thing is I would also like to steal a Zeppeline for Mirrors and now I have to choose…
edited by mmk on 3/31/2015

[quote=Happy Londoner]Does that give a reward to your next captain? I’m about to complete this ambition, but since it ends the game… The thing is I would also like to steal a Zeppeline for Mirrors and now I have to choose…
edited by mmk on 3/31/2015[/quote]

Completing Your Father’s Bones does not give any extra rewards besides the Journal entry that states that one captain in your ancestry has fulfilled that Ambition.

On the other hand, Stealing the Zeppelin gives you a Legacy item, but be aware that it is not an Ambition, so it is not considered a &quotVictory&quot. It is, however, one of the few non-Ambition &quotgood&quot deaths :)